Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Keltec pf9's junk. S&W 638 had to go back before I shot it forcing cone chewed up from factory. 2 Ruger LCP gen 2 had 20% failure rate . M&P shield shield hit my head some went to left and 27% failure rate . All made here . I'm sick that I had to go foreign with SA. All my SA pistols run perfect out the box . I like my XDM's and just put first 150 rounds through the XDs .
Seems like they are winners . I just wish they were made here . It is not the US workers or unions it is the owners and users .

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ran 180 rounds on the first day flawless. My Shield 9mm has 1609 rounds through it with only one FTE that I attribute to limp wristing. Yes 1609 rounds - I'm an Engineer and a little anal when it comes to numbers. I can tell you how many FMJ and how many JHP and the make of each - let's not go there.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
2 Keltec pf9's junk.
Really? I own one and as an FFL dealer have sold more than I can count. I have never experienced any problems nor have I received anything but favorable comments about the PF-9 from my customers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first PF 9 using ball ammo like wwb no high power . Slide cracked ,trigger then broke ,and blue came off I was sent a new one it also went back new extractor it had a failure rate very high after that jammed most of time . So I got 2 bad ones I don't condemn all of them . The shield the shells hit my head and some went to left shield went . I had a LCP flawless and traded it for a gen 2 with better sights and trigger I went for the SS model . It went back 3 times and I was sent another it was bad also .Ruger sent me a check . I had a bad time I think the quality is down . I had to send back a new S&W 638 I would not shoot it as forcing cone was jagged they put a new barrel . I did not leave a stone unturned . I had different shooters and used my ammo in their guns with no trouble . So it ain't the shooter or ammo .

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Really? I own one and as an FFL dealer have sold more than I can count. I have never experienced any problems nor have I received anything but favorable comments about the PF-9 from my customers.
I always meant to ask you about the pf9 and any complaints. It seems it would be a great conceal carry gun. Easy to forget about.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
OP, you aren't the first person who I've heard of who said the kel tecs are garbage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2 Keltec pf9's junk. S&W 638 had to go back before I shot it forcing cone chewed up from factory. 2 Ruger LCP gen 2 had 20% failure rate . M&P shield shield hit my head some went to left and 27% failure rate . All made here . I'm sick that I had to go foreign with SA. All my SA pistols run perfect out the box . I like my XDM's and just put first 150 rounds through the XDs .
Seems like they are winners . I just wish they were made here . It is not the US workers or unions it is the owners and users .

John
Ruger 10/22 still being made in the U.S.? Also completely unreliable out of the box. rimfireforums have dozens of tips & tricks users need to follow to get the rifle working.

Sad to read your experience with the 686. The old 586/686's are some of my favorite guns.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
I always meant to ask you about the pf9 and any complaints. It seems it would be a great conceal carry gun. Easy to forget about.
My best customers are cops who buy them for BUGs.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It is not the US workers or unions it is the owners and users .
John
I'm going to tell you first hand, some of the problem is in fact going to be the union/workers that machine and assemble the guns. The majority of the union guys only care about milking a company, not the quality of work they do. They are protected and know it, so who cares!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I'm going to tell you first hand, some of the problem is in fact going to be the union/workers that machine and assemble the guns. The majority of the union guys only care about milking a company, not the quality of work they do. They are protected and know it, so who cares!
Agreed. I have seen it daily for the last 15 years

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah I can't tell what is hurting California more the dems or the unions

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a Keltec PF9 with about 400 rounds through it. It sometimes has problems with WWB ammo, Atlanta arms reloads. All other ammo I have used fed with no problems. Most small handguns have their own problems.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
My new P238 is past the 200 round count needed for carry reliability. I'm smack in love with the little thing. We have a Women on Target program in June and I will get some real rounds through it with inexperienced shooters. I will report back then.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Was at a private range "fun day" shoot. And shoot we did. B21 targets for "qual", then bowling pins off a table in double elimination, steel plates for time, sawn off tops of bowling pins, clay pigeons hanging and more. XDm 4.5 40 s&w.

Here's the bucket of "fo-tay" my son and I pounded out before and after cleaning. The "before" didn't show all the rounds. There were a couple hundred that were already in the bowl. The bucket is a 5qt ice cream.

and after clean up

In all of that, there was one (1) problem. A primer didn't go "bang!". And the gun was not cleaned or lubed during the long day of fun either. Just a lot of mag loading and trigger twitching. I used to keep track of how many have gone down the pipe, but gave that up! The gun just flat out run what you feed it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unions started out a good thing to keep workers from being taken advantage of. Now that they have "won", they just want more.

When the workers don't have pride in what they produce, they can run the company into the ground and guess what? Your union job is gone.

If they would use their clout to make the company do the job right, they would regain respect. Refuse to work with dull tooling or defective parts. Make the company run machines at rates that produce a quality product.

If the unions would make it about producing a top quality product in the USA instead of "me, me, me", people would support them when they strike. When you are holding out for better benefits when you already have a better package than most workers, people couldn't care less if you go on strike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How do you motivate people to build quality products in a throw-away world? Production quantity has taken priority over quality in many cases because it's cheaper to replace a defective product than to build a good one. Everyone is scrambling to lower production cost and material quality takes a hit and that just exacerbates the problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Jim I was a Union worker . Honest days work for honest days work .we wanted to keep companies union . They were happy we knew our jobs . Most hate unions who can't get in one . The middle class is shrinking at the same rate unions are going down .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts