Springfield XD Forum banner

Made an even swap today

2K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Pucknut 
#1 ·
I bought my XD40 in early 2010 as my everything gun, home defense, target shooting, etc.

It was the only gun I owned until recently when I bought a SA Range Officer 1911 and was given a NAA Guardian .32 for cc. I realized that .40S&W as a round was both unnecessary and expensive (to have along with .45), despite my admiration for the round.

All that to say, I decided to get my first 9mm. I read, I looked, I shopped and decided on a CZ 75b. I saw them online for around $465-480 and decided I would sell the XD and spend a few bucks more to get the CZ.

Welp, last night I noticed on a LGS website that they had just gotten in used cz75b with a price of $429. I went by this morning and they offered me an even swap, so I took it. Gonna get out to the range either tomorrow or next weekend, can't wait.

/endcoolstorybro :cool:

Of course, now I'm a new member on XDTalk and I don't own an XD anymore. I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for a good deal on an XDm 9

See less See more
#2 ·
There are many here who don't have an XD..

#11 ·
Even up swap??? Nicely done Sir! I looked at swapping out both my XDs, extra mags and a Viridian for a high end 1911 Friday. Just too much for me to lose though to get one pistol with two mags. So don't feel bad that you don't have an XD. This site is full of helpful and knowledgeable people.
I did end up swapping back a SR9 for a Savage 111 .30-06 today. I love the swaps.

#13 ·
I was very pleased, they were like "we'll do $325 for your trade in" which I expected, but then said they'd do the CZ for 325 so it was completely even, no tax no nothing. I figure it'd a good trade for them too since they can probably sell the XD for a few more dollars, I kept it in immaculate shape, the CZ has a few small scuffs here and there and a lower initial purchase price.

I'm pretty much squared away on pistols for now. Now I just need to figure out a rifle/shotgun :D

#15 ·
Nice job on the even swap! I never get someone that tells me it'll be an even swap, even if they're getting the better deal. So is the CZ going to be your all around gun (HD, range, carry) since you got rid of the XD?

I personally am not a fan of the CZ. My buddy has a CZ75b in .40, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get my groups within 3in at 15yrds. I finally gave up and said "enjoy your gun, i'll stick with my XD".

#17 ·
You did good.
You got rid of a gun you didn't want, for a gun you did want, with nothing out of pocket.
I'd say two pistols were pretty close in worth anyway.
I've handled a few CZs at the gun shows.
They felt good in my hand, but never bought one.
I know Bluto loves his..

I once owned 4 XDs, I own none now, and I'll never buy another one.
I do own a Springfield pistol if that helps...;)

Welcome to the forum DrDubzz............

#18 ·
The XD40 service is the only XD I still have - I do have a extra slide with a 9mm conversion barrel so its almost like having a both a 9 & 40.

Its quite a change from polymer frame and striker fired to a steel frame with a hammer. I traded a XD9mm tac. for a one of those CZ's. It had a trigger job and a bunch of mags and holsters with it. It shot good but I didnt like it much and I wanted to get a M&P so I traded even at a gun show. I then sold the extra mags and holsters on line and did quite well on the trade.

Good luck with your new firearm!:cool:

#21 ·
Thanks, I love it. First shot I had with it was dead center of the bulls eye, the fit and finish are excellent as well.
Same here. I have yet to shoot my 75B at 7 yards, but it is simply amazing at 10 to 25. My XDm 40c is still my SHTF pistol, but the CZ is more fun to shoot. Congrats on the trade. It appears to be in excellent shape.

#22 ·
Nice gun, and a great trade. 1 Lowlife is correct I do love the CZ75B. It's been flawless and as accurate as any gun I've ever owned and is priced right. Actually for the quality of it's fit and finish it might even be considered by some to be a little under priced.
At the present time I do not own a XD pistol, but I like this site and I think it is run well by the managers so there is no reason for me to leave.

#23 ·
Gotta love the CZ, best damn handgun on the market for the price. Tough as nails...or you could say that nails are as tough as a CZ ;)

#24 ·
Nice gun, and a great trade. 1 Lowlife is correct I do love the CZ75B. It's been flawless and as accurate as any gun I've ever owned and is priced right. Actually for the quality of it's fit and finish it might even be considered by some to be a little under priced.
At the present time I do not own a XD pistol, but I like this site and I think it is run well by the managers so there is no reason for me to leave.

It's a good forum, which is why I joined. One of the reasons I decided on the CZ was a thread on this very forum, so it's XDTalk's fault I traded my XD :p

My 1911 is a springfield, close enough right?

#25 ·
It's a good forum, which is why I joined. One of the reasons I decided on the CZ was a thread on this very forum, so it's XDTalk's fault I traded my XD :p

My 1911 is a springfield, close enough right?
I still like the XD line of pistols. Just got the itch to own a CZ after reading all the favorable reviews and things people had to say about them. That and I wasn't using the XD for CC since I got the PM9. It was a 100% flawless from the first shot to the last. I have no negative things to say about the XD line of pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.