Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brought it home today.

Out of the box review--

Like any Thrilla from Manila, it's literally dripping oil. I've wiped it down a couple of times, and it's still oozing lube. Better than rust, though...

The trigger--I think is going to be quite nice. It's got very little take up, breaks crisply, though a little heavy (I'd guess 5-6# or so...not horrible), nice reset. Surprisingly, it's not gritty at all like a lot of Philippine pistols. I'll bet that after a 500 round trigger job, the weight will come down a little bit.

Speaking of the trigger--it's got an interesting texture on the face--kinda checkered, but with rectangular cuts, not square. Not sure how it's gonna feel after a long range session...

I kinda like the FO front sight, couple with the white dot, adjustable combat-style rear. The front tube pops quite nicely--at least in daylight. To be honest, though, if this pistol works out and becomes a serious social pistol, they will be replaced by tritium...personal preference.

I've hand cycled a few magazines (and different magazines) worth of snap caps through it, and function is as reliable as can be...even when I pussyfoot and ride the slide shut, no problems at all.

It's got a FLGR, which as I often say is an elegant solution to a nonexistant problem...but I can live with it right now. Since it's a true Commander-length barrel, I can drop in a GI setup later...and probably will.

I like the chainlink style checkering on the front and backstraps. However--why on a blued pistol couldn't they put a blued backstrap on?

The grips have a Kimber Raptor-style texture...not bad.

All in all, I'm looking forward to taking this one to the range; hopefully it dries up at some point this week and I can give a report.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Nice! Can't wait for that range report!

As far as the weather goes, Cuda, I hear we're getting snow tonight... Where's that friggin' global warming when you need it?

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Can't wait for that range report!

As far as the weather goes, Cuda, I hear we're getting snow tonight... Where's that friggin' global warming when you need it?
I drove to Cabelas in Rogers this evening..it was sleeting.

Ugh. I'm done with it.

But I still haven't put my snowblower away...;)

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was it otd? It's not a bad looking gun, has the giant billboard but it happens to most.
$800.

A couple hundred more than an RIA TacII compact, but I do have to say--better trigger and finish than the RIA.

And you know I'm an RIA fan.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice, congrats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice Bobcut - congrats! I'll have the full size version eventually. I was pretty impressed with the quality, fit & finish of my American Classic II. The slide action is like butta:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts