Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is M855 ammo legal in the great state of Texas? I am 90% sure that it is, I'm just wanting confirmation. It is NOT armor piercing, correct?

Also, does having a Kel-Tec PLR-16 (5.56 pistol) in any way affect me while owning this ammo? I do not use it in the PLR-16, just my AR's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
no its not classified as armor piercing. That being said it was designed to defeat soviet body armor. I didnt know anything was illegal in Texas.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armor Piercing ammo for handguns is (Felony), hence, my questions.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
the batf specifically says that ss109 projectiles are not armor piercing. m855 use ss109 projectiles in case you didnt know

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey, Azguns, How much did you make your first 30 days? :rolleyes: (your signature)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Sourpatch,

I saw the pics of you 45 with the polish job. You gun's finish looks perfect in the pic. Does the melonite finish still look that good? Is it really that tough? I know that holster wear give character, but I still love pretty guns. :D

Also, is rust an issue with the exposed steel?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Hey Sourpatch,

I saw the pics of you 45 with the polish job. You gun's finish looks perfect in the pic. Does the melonite finish still look that good? Is it really that tough? I know that holster wear give character, but I still love pretty guns. :D

Also, is rust an issue with the exposed steel?
never had a problem with rust. and i dont carry that i gun much so i cant say about holster wear but the finish is still perfect. i carry my xd40 service and it is stainless so i cant comment on how well it stands up to a holster. but i use a leather holster so that decreases damage to the finish compared to a plastic holster. i also dont pull it in and out that much of a holster.

i really like the polished barrel, the only problem is it is VERY addictive. i went around and polished everything i can after i did the barrel.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never had a problem with rust. and i dont carry that i gun much so i cant say about holster wear but the finish is still perfect. i carry my xd40 service and it is stainless so i cant comment on how well it stands up to a holster. but i use a leather holster so that decreases damage to the finish compared to a plastic holster. i also dont pull it in and out that much of a holster.

i really like the polished barrel, the only problem is it is VERY addictive. i went around and polished everything i can after i did the barrel.
Have you tried polishing the top (inside) of the frame near the ejection port, will it minimize the scratching of the barrel?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Friday BATF said they were banning M855 ammo.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
seriously? This thread is over 6 years old.
That's old enough to marry in Muslim culture! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
This is a retread I can agree with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts