Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly questions but I'm not sure on this so I figured, when in doubt, ask. I'm awaiting delivery on a Stag 3h that has an A2 stock on it and I'm going to replace it with a 6 point M4 stock. First off, what makes/models should I stay away from (cheap quality) and what is the process for replacing the stock? Do I need any special adapter or the like? Wanted to get a jump on it by ordering the stock so I can swap it out when it comes in. Been picking up some odds and ends as I wait, flip up sights, mags etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to take a look around to see if I can find one. The CTR comes with everything needed right? The buffer tube, buffer, spring etc? Stag's site says all stock kits use Mil-Spec receiver extensions, so I'll need a mil-spec stock correct?

·
Registered
902 Posts
1. I love Magpul stuff and use it, I want a PRS when I build a Grendel.
2. I abso-friggin'-lutely love the VLTOR EMod, and still have my original carbine Modstock just because it makes a very compact package.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Skip the CTR, and get the MOE.

You're going to have to buy a buffer tube in addition to the stock. The CTR is About $90, and you're looking at another $30-40 for the buffer tube.

You can get the MOE with a buffer tube for a little less than the CTR stock WITHOUT the buffer tube.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I'll have to take a look around to see if I can find one. The CTR comes with everything needed right? The buffer tube, buffer, spring etc? Stag's site says all stock kits use Mil-Spec receiver extensions, so I'll need a mil-spec stock correct?

Yes you will need it ALL........You can use either the commercial full kit or the milspec full kit since you are changing out an A2 stock.

Get the milspec size kit

example:
PK Firearms | Online Store

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you sir! Wasn't sure but thought I would need it all, wanted to check to make sure I didn't short myself on parts.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Where did you go to school? :p;)

$95.01 Jack's Black Rifle Shop
+ 9.99
______
$105.00

Subtotal:$107.00Shipping:$8.00Total:$115.00
PKFirearms

$10 savings

I've never dealt with JBRS but I have with PKFirearms......I just used PK as an example in my post above.

Not the JBRS is a "bad" guy, I just don't trust someone who advertises a 16" M4 upper as "rare". :rolleyes:

16" M4 Upper Fully Chrome Lined AR15 M16 1/7 RARE! : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com

or DPMS lpks as "the best lower parts kits money can buy". :lol:

DPMS Lower Parts Kit AR15 M16 AR 15 in stock : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's odd. Their website says it's down for maintenance (and has all weekend) but I can still browse their selection. When I go to add something to the cart, it doesn't add it. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts