Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've owned a few M1As over the years and can still remember the elder Reese in the then small shop in Geneseo, Illinois. The early rifles were USGI parts except the receiver of course. I had a problem with an oprod so I took it in and Mr. Reese pulled out a tube with a brand new oprod he personally fitted to my rifle. Now the company has grown quite a bit but it's still family owned and they're as nice as ever. The USGI parts are scarce now so they make a lot of their own but they still build a quality rifle. The first rifle pictured I restocked with a beautiful GI stock that I found in the back of my friend Bob Simpsons shop. I put a fake selector stud in it to fill the hole. The second rifle is wearing a Fajen laminated stock I bought from Springfield.
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shooting sport
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Wood Table
Axe Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Pretty.

I sold my M1A back in the insanity of '09, when I was offered a ridiculous amount for it.

I really should replace it one if these days.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Man, those pics, plus many others in the M1A forum make me want to go and buy one...but I can't right now. I am soooo envious!:mad:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Lol I was going to sell or trade my SOCOM 16 to get something else since I got a SIG 716. I am so glad I kept it.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Beautiful rifles indeed!! I have an M1 Garand and an AR, so I NEED an M1A to complete the set! I plan to get the Springfield Loaded carbon steel M1A with the wood stock, and the M1A Scout Squad in synthetic stock (will put a scope and make a semi-auto precision rifle out of that one!). One of these days I'll have the cash...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Beautiful rifles indeed!! I have an M1 Garand and an AR, so I NEED an M1A to complete the set!
:confused: Huh? Complete the set, ya lost me there, set of what?

Springfield 1892-99, 1895 Lee Navy, 1903 Springfield, 1916 MN, 1917 Enfield, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16, M4, MK17 Mod 0 and all their variants.
Now there is a set! 8) I gotta get cracking with my C&R.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
:confused: Huh? Complete the set, ya lost me there, set of what?

Springfield 1892-99, 1895 Lee Navy, 1903 Springfield, 1916 MN, 1917 Enfield, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16, M4, MK17 Mod 0 and all their variants.
Now there is a set! 8) I gotta get cracking with my C&R.
I suppose I should've specified that to say the set of the civilian versions of the major US military service rifles of the past 60 years or so. I already have a Garand and an AR, but am missing the intermediate generation of M14, thus I need an M1A ;) Plus they're just cool too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Got mine 2 years ago and have yet to get it to the range. In the 60s I put hundreds of rounds through one which was equipped with selector switch, muzzle stabilizer and bi-pod.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Got mine 2 years ago and have yet to get it to the range. In the 60s I put hundreds of rounds through one which was equipped with selector switch, muzzle stabilizer and bi-pod.
Gads man! That is yellow flag foul right there. LOL.

It didn't happen to be in an E2 stock did it?
Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Standard model with walnut stock. Have not taken it out due to a lower spine injury from military service that left me with a paralyzed right foot. I need to get back out there and get back into vintage rifle matches etc. Just haven't got there yet. If you are referring to the E2 stock on the M-14, no, Just got the parts from the armorer to upgrade.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm a FAL guy myself but the M1A is a timeless long arm. Not only is it still a viable fighting rifle, the M1A has a singular beauty unmatched in the battle rifle genre. It can go to war and look good doin' it :)

Gorgeous rifles. OP.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
very nice..... M1A Loaded is on my list... (I think..... unless I get one of the other versions).... but way down on the list. First may be a new job. :-(

Somewhere along the line, I need to head out to a gun shop and at least fondle one for a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts