Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M1A Standard that I have had for several years. I love the m14 platform, but I have been looking at the shorter models such as the Socom 16 or scout. Any ideas on an approximate cost for SA to convert my rifle over to a Socom16?
Can the standard and Socom16 use the same stock?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The stock would be the same, trigger group, etc, the difference is in the gas system. The Socom16's is slightly different than the scout and standard length. By that I mean you would probably be best served with either trading for or (saving up), and buying a Socom16 if that's what you want.

Personally I think the "Scout" length barrels(18-18.5") is better than the Socom16.

YMMV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
have you shot a socom 16 most people i know prefer the longer guns in 308 .I personally was not impressed with the socom after shooting it . If you a 16 inch barrel gun go with a ar or ak

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I just bought a SOCOM 16, I can't wait to shoot it, I like 95% of people don't shoot at ranges over about 100 meters so I don't need more than the 16" barrel plus the new gas system is completely relieable.

The 14.5" M4 can accurately shoot out to 550 meters so a 16" barrel on a .308 is not the end of the world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts