Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, yeah I know I should know this myself being an m14/m1a buff lol. Where can I get the extended cluster rail for an m1a such as the one on the socom II. Should I just call Sprinfield Armory???

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Yes, SA will not sell it directly to you.

It is freakin EXPENSIVE!!!

I don't know how much the short one is, but the one with the rail that goes all the way back is up in the 500-600 range. I know cause I called and asked. The guys at the shop told me it was just a drop in part. Sucks cause they were sold out and I had to order mine anyway. Shoulda got the extended rail.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o forget that then, I can just order the whole VLTOR set up, stock and rail for just a few more bucks lol.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just need the extended top rail. I can order a sling mount from fulton armory that has the rail to attach the bipod.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UTG makes good stuff for the price. But that is no an extended rail, and seems like it only mounts to a single location.

·
Registered
992 Posts
UTG makes good stuff for the price. But that is no an extended rail, and seems like it only mounts to a single location.
Ahh, I see, you are wanting a rail that extends back & mounts at the stripper clip guide location. I'm afraid you'll have to pay to play with that one. FWIW, I've seen people sell off their SOCOM II rails on other forum classifieds.

I read a review that states that the UTG clamps to the barrel for stability. That might not be an issue on a short M1A, but in the end it would only hurt acccuracy, so there's no way I would run that on a long distance setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts