Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PICS ARE IN!!!!

Ok, as promised, here are some pics of my XD9SC after I sent it off to be refinished at M&R Arms. These pics are also posted deep in my original thread but I thought I'd start a new one for everyone else to check out their work.

To recap - I had them do the slide, all exposed metal components, barrel, feed ramps, and {2} of my XD40 mags in a matte Gun Metal Gray finish. (In the light, it almost looks like an Olive Drab color. Really cool IMO.) I had them do the loaded chamber indicator in matte black and had them leave my night sights alone as they were already black, for contrast. Gotta look close but you should be able to tell. It's hard to get the lighting just right and I suck as a photographer. Oh, I also had them install my $25 take-off tritium SIG night sights. Anyway, here are the pics, ENJOY!

Click on the thumb nails below to see a larger pic.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Your pistol looks so evil. Cool. I don't see where your pic's are all that bad but I'm thinking of starting a Piss Poor Picture Takers Club if your interested. :wink: Looks good.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
icon said:
that looks great!! I really like that gray matte color...
Thanks. I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out but I'm happy w/ it myself. Wanted somthing dark but a little contrasting. This did the trick.

one-eyed-fatman said:
Your pistol looks so evil. Cool. I don't see where your pic's are all that bad but I'm thinking of starting a Piss Poor Picture Takers Club if your interested. :wink: Looks good.
LOL! :lol: I'd prolly join that club. My problem is shadows and just overall knowledge of what setting to use on this damn digital camera in certain lighting situations etc. Guess reading the manual might help but that's boring. :mrgreen: Thanks for the kudos on the pistol bud.

·
Registered
10 Posts
blkhawk303,

I really like the finish. How long did they have your pistol?

And probably a really stupid question, how do you ship your pistol to them? Do you ship directly from your address to theirs via "Next Day"? Do they have to ship it back to a FFL dealer?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Very, very nice. Not flashy, just nice. I like the idea of doing the mags too. I don't care for the shiny SA mags. I got a black gun, I want black mags!

·
Registered
347 Posts
In working with M&R did you get to see the silver finish on any guns? Does it look like stainless? Still debating between M&R and NP3 by Robar :)

Matthew

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone, thanks for the compliments. Here are some answers to your questions.

jlnft said:
I really like the finish. How long did they have your pistol?
Exactly 2 weeks from date of shipment to them to arrival of shipment back to me. (Jan. 6 - Jan. 20)

jlnft said:
...how do you ship your pistol to them? Do you ship directly from your address to theirs via "Next Day"? Do they have to ship it back to a FFL dealer?
In order of questions asked...Shipped to them via Fed-Ex 2-Day Delivery. No, went down to the Fed-Ex location but didn't need to according to the guy at the counter. Again, shipped via Fed-Ex 2-Day Delivery. They shipped it directly back to my home address the same way, 2-Day, via my prepaid return packing slip that I enclosed in the box when I shipped them my sub.

msidner said:
In working with M&R did you get to see the silver finish on any guns? Does it look like stainless?
Only the pics on the net so I'm not sure if it REALLY looks like stainless. They do good work tho, I can tell you that.

Hope that helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts