Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on this? Picked up some on sale at Midway. Thought I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
I was reading on their website that it doesn't smell? My wife is always complaining about Hoppes.
Won't stink up the house. Faint odor, but you have to put your nose up to the bottle to get a whiff. Nice clean fresh smell.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I've used their cleaner and clp for a few years now on my pistols and AR BCG. Overall I'm pretty satisfied.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've used their cleaner and their oil for a few years now. No complaints. And yes, you can use it indoors without any complaints from the wife.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I've only used M-Pro 7 cleaner and I really like that so I wouldn't hesitate to try their oil. So far I really like Tetra oil and Gun Butter products for the slide rails, triggers and locking blocks. I've used Frog Lube and its good but after a while went back to a traditional cleaning regiment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's all I've ever used due to a friend using it for awhile before I bought my first firearm. Smells great, cleans well and the oil seems to do the job without attracting too much gunk.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Used to use it. Too traditional, all I use is GunZilla on everything for everything!

Ok, sometimes some GunButter if I need something thick (rare)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've been using their oil and cleaner for about 5 or 6 years, love the way it works. I buy the clearer by the gallon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use their copper remover and cleaner, I use slip 2000 degreaser and bore cleaner as well for cleaning but those are mainly used for my ar15. I use slip 2000 ewl for my oil though.

The mpro7 works great and doesn't stink up the whole house as others have said. It's great cause it works well and doesnt smell like it's able to cause genetic mutations haha.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yes we heard you the first time. But the OP asked about mpro7 which is a great product
Yeah, the Frog loob worshipers are getting older than the Ferguson BS :wink:

MPro works, but it's a lot more work than the "new" way of cleaning & lubing in one step. Takes more time and elbow grease. If that is your thing, then MPro is a fine choice

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reviving my own necro-thread to say I'm now a big fan. It works really well, with no smell. I cleaned my Shields last night while watching MNF. Couldn't smell a thing, other than Manning stinking up the joint. :razz:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts