Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum and I just purchased my first fire-arm (XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact). I am planning on putting a few rounds through it this coming sunday, and also looking forward to field stripping and cleaning it up after.

I have a few ideas on what I would need for cleaning/maintenance after a day at the range, but I wanted to know if having either or both was a good idea. I bought the M-PRO 7 Gun Cleaner and Gun Oil LpX, but a friend also recommended StrikeHold as an alternative

I wanted to know opinion of the more experience members online on which of the above do you use.
There is an upcoming gun show in my area this weekend and I am definately heading there to stock up on ammo and tips ;)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Strike Hold is an awesome lubricant and protector but IMO it stinks. I spent so much time smelling clp in the Corps that I prefer stuff like Hoppes that doesn't stink so bad.

Reactions: symple

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
M-Pro7, wife approved for cleaning guns in the house. :smile:

Reactions: symple

·
Registered
80 Posts
They both work fine, as do countless other products. No need for Strike Hold if you already bought the MPro7 and LPX combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strike Hold is an awesome lubricant and protector but IMO it stinks. I spent so much time smelling clp in the Corps that I prefer stuff like Hoppes that doesn't stink so bad.
Thanx, found that out reading comments on YouTube vidz.

M-Pro7, wife approved for cleaning guns in the house. :smile:
Well I hope mine (my wife) does the same.

They both work fine, as do countless other products. No need for Strike Hold if you already bought the MPro7 and LPX combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Cool....I guess I can request this thread closed, I've gotten all the answers I was looking for and even more. Thanx again everyone

. . . uploaded from a hand-held SM-G900T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please close this thread moderator....

. . . uploaded from a hand-held SM-G900T

·
Registered
557 Posts
OP, MPro7 cleaner is a solvent-based cleaner as opposed to a water-based one. So you should wipe of the wet or dried residual cleaner using 92% isopropyl alcohol. Otherwise the residual cleaner will mix with the oil you later apply and thereby defeat the purpose of using separate cleaner and oil products. Mpro7 cleaner is considered on many different forums to be an outstanding cleaning product. For removal of copper build-up in the bore you might need to use a more aggressive bore-specific cleaner such as the Mpro-7 copper remover.
M-Pro7 Copper Remover 070-1151 - MPro7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts