Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent job I finished up. This gun is super charged to shoot fast and shoot with extreme accuracy. Apex Tactical Forward Sear Kit - Murica-ized and the Apex Grade Barrel. I also did a little bit of color enhancements as well. Fit on the barrel is as tight as can be and from my casual testing from a rest, is really accurate. There are no two better enhancements for an M&P9 on the market today.
Stan01.jpg

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
That trigger looks ridiculous on an OD gun but as long as the ones is happy.

I really wanna get a used 9 and do the Apex upgrades to it.

I want Apex grade Glock barrels damnit! Was this a drop in of fitted barrel?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Atei triggers are better. The barrel can't be beat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That trigger looks ridiculous on an OD gun but as long as the ones is happy.

I really wanna get a used 9 and do the Apex upgrades to it.

I want Apex grade Glock barrels damnit! Was this a drop in of fitted barrel?
They are all fitted. It doesn't take a lot but it is a slow and steady process. A lot of filing and rechecking to ensure the tightest possible lock up without it being too tight or too loose. The full smith barrel needs a mill to do the job right. Otherwise same deal, a lot of removing metal and checking fit.

Plenty of used 9's out there. Used cop market is awesome. That's where I got mine. Just replace all the springs and add the new trigger and barrel and it is pretty much rehabilitated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Atei triggers are better. The barrel can't be beat
ATEi trigger jobs are nice - they do a great job, but a reworked stock trigger is not a Flatty.
Now, I did modify my Apex Flatty and took out yet another 50% of travel. But it isn't that important. The reset on the stock apex trigger is fast enough particularly if you are a trained shooter. Navy SEALS that have shot both, have only negligible speed differences between my reworked trigger versus a stock Apex. I mean negligible in which depending on the string, one wasn't faster than the other factoring in accuracy.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The CORE 5" that I recently sold was an awesome gun. The Apex trigger kit was incredible. Loved that gun. Just too damn big.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
ATEi trigger jobs are nice - they do a great job, but a reworked stock trigger is not a Flatty.
Now, I did modify my Apex Flatty and took out yet another 50% of travel. But it isn't that important. The reset on the stock apex trigger is fast enough particularly if you are a trained shooter. Navy SEALS that have shot both, have only negligible speed differences between my reworked trigger versus a stock Apex. I mean negligible in which depending on the string, one wasn't faster than the other factoring in accuracy.
Being a navy seal doesn't mean much in regards to guns they are not familiar with.

I prefer a apex shoe and a atei sear. In fact thats what doug has on a few of his demo guns.

May not be faster in an ideal situation but a cleaner break in a non-ideal situation will minimize your misstakes.

Your post reads like you are as good as doug at reworking a trigger, you are not so its truly apples to oranges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts