Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a 9mm to use in some local shooting competitions, as well as the back yard. Ended up getting a S&W M&P Pro 9mm. Fiber front sight. Will shoot it this weekend. Excited to see what the hype is all about.

Anyone else have one of these? What has been your experience with it? Good or bad.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I sold mine. I didn't hate it, but I got tired of the auto-forwarding and the weak trigger reset.

I know since then they have improved the reset, but I haven't really been tempted to get back into one.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I really want one but I've never kept a handgun that I felt needed a trigger job and every time I try one of these out I feel like the trigger would bug me. Other wise I like them alot, the grip is excellent and the ones I rented were as accurate as I am. You'll likely love it.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have several m&p handguns. Love em all. A trigger job on an m&p is really easy if you require one on yours.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have several m&p handguns. Love em all. A trigger job on an m&p is really easy if you require one on yours.
I think it's time for me dive into trigger jobs. I'm confident I can do a Glock /XD /M&P trigger job I've just avoided them up till now because I have so many great shooters that don't need one. I did spend some trigger time with a Zev Fulcrum last week and it was pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Glock triggers are stupid easy to modify. The M&P has some itty bitty springs and plungers that like to exit the universe, but otherwise is not that bad to work on.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
My M&P Pro9 has a great trigger from the factory. Everyone that's shot it loves it. :grin:

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Glock triggers are stupid easy to modify. The M&P has some itty bitty springs and plungers that like to exit the universe, but otherwise is not that bad to work on.
A first timer can have a dumb ol glock totally stripped down in five minutes and a video.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
A first timer can have a dumb ol glock totally stripped down in five minutes and a video.
I skipped the video and still did it in five minutes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently bought a core 40, how could they think that horrible trigger was acceptable and then say its a competition gun? I wasted money buying it and wish I didn't.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Spend a little money on the trigger and slick it up.

Or sell it and buy a PPQ. No striker trigger has a right to be that good.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I recently bought a core 40, how could they think that horrible trigger was acceptable and then say its a competition gun? I wasted money buying it and wish I didn't.
Should a had ateiguns do the work way better than smiths custom shop.

Those saying mp triggers are easy.... Depends on what you do seen quite a few hack jobs from supposedly name brand smiths go full auto or light strikes from improper plunger engagement

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got to shoot it this weekend. I like it a lot. Much more than my Shield. Shield was a .40 though. Trigger is good, at least for me. The pro has the Apex trigger so a little better than standard. Maybe if I was a pro I'd want a different trigger, but at this point, I don't think I would get full appreciation from a trigger job anyway. I know people complain about the reset, but for me, my finger goes out further than the reset anyway. So not a biggie to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts