Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy all,

I always wanted to buy M-16/AR-15 type of rifle!

I was amazed by this system since I firs saw it in my early childhood during the bloody Croatian war of independence!
I saw it in the hands of one policeman
Actually that was only one in the see of SKS,AK-s and Mausers and only one that wasn't too heavy for me to lift it and throw me out of balance:lol:
(I was 4-5 year old)
it was "unreachable one" during the war,and only lucky and wealthy one could afford a M-16!

Now I want to buy it!
I want something worth of money because they are very pricey here(around $2000) and you can choose between just two of them;
S&W;M&P 15 and M&P 15T!

I know they are both fine rifles!

But which one is more accurate!?!?!:???:

M&P 15 T looks damn cool and you can add bipods,scopes and all sorts of things without much effort,but I read on several sites that standard model is a bit more accurate(according to the source "standard rifle"usually gives around MOA and sub-MOA,while "tactical" one gives 1 and 1/2 to 2 and 1/3 MOA groups at 100 yards) and last one model is also $500 cheaper than tactical one here!

Now,for me "Only accurate rifle is an interesting rifle" and i know it doesn't mean that much but for me sub-MOA is just important psychological border!:mrgreen:

Now you probably see my dilemma,why I don't sleep at night:mrgreen::roll:
And if you want to know something about rifle,you ask one that made it,you Americans!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
exact same gun only with troy rails and sights

Unless your pulling on the handguards you will be fine for long distemce shooting the tactical model will be slightly more accurate

I own a 15a but plan on turning in to a T model

And that price is outragious look on line find an FFL local to accept delivery of it and transfer it to you
Never mind just noticed your location

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

But is is weird that in some test T model seems to be less accurate than standard,after all isn't it free floated!?
(free floated barrel means accuracy,but I got a sub-MOA groups with my M-48 with proper ammo and it is not free floated at all,weird ha!)

If someone test compared these two models please write something about that,please!:roll:

Are the "handguards" those fancy-smancy black plastic plates i don't see on other AR's and what they do for the accuracy!?

And yes!
What kind of ammo M&P likes the best!?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If, you plan to configure the S&W that way in the future,
The M&P 15T is a better buy. The rail and sights are made by Troy.
i got mine for $850 including a dominator II S&w carry handle 5 pmags 3 GG&G mags carry case YHM DI Rails

so far ive sold off the Dominator, carry handle, GGG mags, knock off blackhawk bag and am down to rought $550 in the gun

I will also be selling off the YHM rails and replacing them with troy rails and a Lo Profile gas block, and i have already picked up some Troy battle sights with the HK style front.

when im complete i should have less than 900 invested. none of this includes that AP ML3 that i just bought.

Thanks,

But is is weird that in some test T model seems to be less accurate than standard,after all isn't it free floated!?
(free floated barrel means accuracy,but I got a sub-MOA groups with my M-48 with proper ammo and it is not free floated at all,weird ha!)

If someone test compared these two models please write something about that,please!:roll:

Are the "handguards" those fancy-smancy black plastic plates i don't see on other AR's and what they do for the accuracy!?

And yes!
What kind of ammo M&P likes the best!?
who knows maybe different ammo out of the two minor defect in the T model that was tested.

there is absolutely no difference between the M&P 15A and the M&P 15T other than the Lo profile gas block, Troy Rails, and Troy Flip up battle sights

i don't even think that the lower is marked that it was a tactical model

·
Registered
185 Posts
i own the m&p15t, and i can tell you from my own experience and from a couple of other owners that sub 1" moa at 100 yrds. is common, and some have even shot 1.5-1.75 at 200 yrds with the flip up sights(i don't use optics on the weapon). i personally chose the t model because it was fully accesorized. it was everything i could have hope for , and a whole lot more.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NAHC LIFE MEMBER

WE CAN ONLY BE WHAT WE GIVE OURSELVES THE POWER TO BE...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Used I take it?
That was a smoking good deal!!
NIB but from a private party sale. guy bought it then need to come up with some fast cash before he got to shoot it so he sold it to me cheap

i put the first 60 rounds through it the day after i picked it up at a practical rifle match. and it performed better that i could have hoped for.

since then i have sold off the extra stuff i didn't want and put some stuff on it that i did

soon it will have a Troy 13.5 FF Rail with Lo Pro Gas Block CTR stock and MIAD grip.

at a later date i will be adding a timminy Trigger.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Holy Crap,.....!
An even better deal, I never find deals like that.
Sounds like a very sweet build.
when all is said and done i am hoping to have less than $900 invested not including the AP but i don't think i will make it with the MIAD and CTR stock. as i don't think i can get enough out of the current set to off set it.

i think a more realistic number is probably going to be $975-$1000

after selling off the GGG mags, Dominator, Carry handle knock off Blackhawk bag, i have about $550 in it. once i get my Troy Rails i will sell off the YHM drop ins the Troy Battle sights cost me $220 and the Troy Rail should be Around $250 i am not sure if i want to actually put a Low pro gas block or if i want to chop the A2 down after all its going to be under the Rails anyhow.

it would be sweet if i could find some of the actuall S&W marked Troy stuff but either way its not big deal not to mention i would have to go with a 10" extended Mid length Rail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts