Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new M&P Sport. Took it to the range this evening and put 250 rounds through it. It was perfectly reliable and seems to be accurate. I'm no expert, but was able to do 4 inch groups easily at 50 yards with the stock iron sights and shoot clay targets consistently standing. I was shooting off a bag for the targets in the photo.
The trigger is nothing to brag about, but predictable with a fairly clean break. I had not shot an AR for a long time and felt like the stock was pretty short, even fully extended. I suppose I'll get used to it or change it out if it continues to bother me. The 50 yard target has 4 shots circled that my son put in with his Mosin. Damn whipper snappers!

I really like the rifle so far, and have no intensions of decking it out. It suits my needs the way it sits. If the rifle continues to be as reliable as it was today, I'll be happy as a clam! I'll take a picture of it as soon as my wife leaves the house:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

So much for leaving it alone. I added an inexpensive Truglo red dot sight to try.

·
Registered
838 Posts
LOL, welcome here too, JT. Seems we have the M&P (mine is an OR type) AND the XDMs in common.;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just picked up a new M&P Sport. Took it to the range this evening and put 250 rounds through it. It was perfectly reliable and seems to be accurate. I'm no expert, but was able to do 4 inch groups easily at 50 yards with the stock iron sights and shoot clay targets consistently standing. I was shooting off a bag for the targets in the photo.
The trigger is nothing to brag about, but predictable with a fairly clean break. I had not shot an AR for a long time and felt like the stock was pretty short, even fully extended. I suppose I'll get used to it or change it out if it continues to bother me. The 50 yard target has 4 shots circled that my son put in with his Mosin. Damn whipper snappers!

I really like the rifle so far, and have no intensions of decking it out. It suits my needs the way it sits. If the rifle continues to be as reliable as it was today, I'll be happy as a clam! I'll take a picture of it as soon as my wife leaves the house:)
i have about 1000 rounds through mine without any problems. I can hit the bullseye at 50 yards 95 percent of the time with my red dot and bipod. definitely worth more than the 599 I paid for it

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, welcome here too, JT. Seems we have the M&P (mine is an OR type) AND the XDMs in common.;)
It appears we do. I followed a link to the other forum from someone's post here on XDTalk. It may have been your post for all I know. I'll try not to be so redundant in the future, in the future.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new AR...:)

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
i have about 1000 rounds through mine without any problems. I can hit the bullseye at 50 yards 95 percent of the time with my red dot and bipod. definitely worth more than the 599 I paid for it
Really, a bipod for 50yd shooting? I could see 300yds, but really 50yds?:oops: I'm getting mine in 10 days, haven't had an AR platform for years. We'll see how good she shoots offhand w/ irons @ 50yds @ sitting or kneeling to 200yds.;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the new AR...:)
Congrats on the new family member!
Thank you very much Spydered and jt.bayridge! I really, really like this rifle. Like patgwashere's experience, I have had zero problems.

I'm getting better at shooting off-hand with practice. I got rid of the Truglo and mounted a Vortex Strikefire optic that I'm liking a lot. It's novel to be able to shoot a rifle looking through an optic with both eyes open. I often shoot clays with both eyes open, but it's an adjustment with the rifle.

A picture with recent add-ons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got rid of the Truglo and mounted a Vortex Strikefire optic that I'm liking a lot.
JT, how does that Vortex StrikeFire co-witness with the "iron" sights that came standard on the S&W M&P15 Sport?

(I've been thinking about the identical set-up.) 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts