Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a looooong time coming and I can鈥檛 wait to get my hands on one! 馃槂

Who鈥檚 on board?

Registered
Not I. For me, it's too little, too late. Have shot and/or owned Gluck, 1911 and XDM 10mms and found the XDM-10 is nearly perfect for me. A year or two ago maybe, but I have no need for the M&P anymore. What's my perfect 10mm you ask? Why it's a S&W, of course! The M610.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Own several G20鈥檚 and G29鈥檚.
A couple of high end custom 1911鈥檚 in 10mm as well.
I鈥檝e always preferred the ergos of the M&P over the XDm.
I agree though, it鈥檚 late to the party, but I recall all of us 10mm fan boys complaining for years about SA not jumping into the game, and they finally listened.
I鈥檒l give the M&P 10mm a good chance. It鈥檚 been ordered and heading home to it鈥檚 new home soon. 馃槑馃憤馃徎

Reactions: Cuda66 and sparkyv

Registered
Hopefully they offer more models soon.

I want one, but DO NOT want to pay extra for a factory optics cut or factory 3 dot sights.

I prefer having u notch black sights and an optics cut that is not one size fits all (that requires plates) but actually made to fit the optic. Starting with a base model is cheaper in the long run to get set up correctly.

Registered
I hope it works out for you; I look forward to the range report. Probably the only other 10mm I'd be interested in at this time is a SIG P320...not holding my breath.
Own several G20鈥檚 and G29鈥檚.
A couple of high end custom 1911鈥檚 in 10mm as well.
I鈥檝e always preferred the ergos of the M&P over the XDm.
I agree though, it鈥檚 late to the party, but I recall all of us 10mm fan boys complaining for years about SA not jumping into the game, and they finally listened.
I鈥檒l give the M&P 10mm a good chance. It鈥檚 been ordered and heading home to it鈥檚 new home soon. 馃槑馃憤馃徎

Registered
The sights almost seem designed to snag. I'd still like to take one for a test drive.

Reactions: JoeOU1

Registered
I'm disappointed with its size. For me, this 4" should have a shorter barrel, as my intended use is as a "pack gun". I want a 10mm with as small a footprint as possible. Why didn't they at least match the size of the G29 & XDM Elite?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm disappointed with its size. For me, this 4" should have a shorter barrel, as my intended use is as a "pack gun". I want a 10mm with as small a footprint as possible. Why didn't they at least match the size of the G29 & XDM Elite?
Side by side comparison.
M&P 10mm
Font Terrestrial plant Circle Number Darkness

G29
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

Reactions: Cuda66

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then add 5 more rounds to the M&P.
And I own Gen 3 and a Gen 4 G29鈥檚.
So no Glock hate here at all.
As well as Gen 2,3 and 4 G20鈥檚.

Registered
Not sure what your point is... the stats back up that the XDM is smaller.
As to the capacity, the XDM can run a 15 mag.

But why have a 4" when the compilation offers less than 4"?

Registered
Not sure what your point is... the stats back up that the XDM is smaller.
As to the capacity, the XDM can run a 15 mag.

But why have a 4" when the compilation offers less than 4"?
3.8鈥 vs 4鈥濃.meh. BFD.

And put that 15rd mag in the compact, and suddenly it鈥檚 bigger (taller) than the M&P.

Additionally鈥here鈥檚 a lot of folks (yours truly being one of them) who are not fans of the XDm series鈥hey feel clunky, top heavy, and just don鈥檛 work (and this comes after owning a couple鈥).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts