Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

got a brand new daniel defense m4 for graduation

was on amazon ordering some stuff and bought some M-7 pro gun cleaner. reviews were good, but missed one.

one guy says it will destroy the "blueing" on the anodized surfaces - what does this mean?

the specs on my gun says the lower receiver is anodized so im worried about what it will do to the surface.

basically should I return it? will it be safe? another cleaner to recommend?

Thanks

p.s I did do a search but I could not find anything

·
Registered
67 Posts
no FL for me... heard the stuff migrates to places you don't want.

I use Tetra gun grease and oil. Works very good. The grease doesn't run off or drip over time and a light film of it prevents rust... I was very skeptical when I got it as I was a Rem oil guy but it didn't take long and I was sold. A little bit goes a long way and doesn't come off till you clean it off.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have been using it for the last few years along with their oil and have not had any problems on either my AR's or pistols. I would have no reservations using it. I like it cause it because I can use it in the house without irritating the family with that as they say "obnoxious" smell. There are a lot of good cleaners and oils that do an effective job so if you ask folks you'll get a lot of different recommendations.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I'd say to ignore the bad review - you don't blue aluminum. Guy's obviously an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

No, not everyone uses Froglube. Like NeonHalo, I use the Tetra gun grease on all my firearms - including my AR. Works great, and never a lube issue on my firearms.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
M7 Pro shouldn't hurt the finish at all. I personally use Hoppe's #9 as a solvent and Slip2000 for lubrication on all my guns and have never had a problem with those either. Enjoy that gun, that is one heck of a graduation gift!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts