Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
In today's market, I think the biggest question here will be price.

In the $1,200 to $1,500 range, there's a lot of very, very, very stiff competition, of items that are nearly put together at boutique levels of QA/QC.

If this is the price-range at which you are looking, if I'm spending my own cash, I'd look at instead a Sons of Liberty Gun Works (SOLGW), Sionics, or BCM.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
If you want a piston, look to Adams Arms.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha which models for BCM, Sonics, and SOLGW? Is there something you dislike about the LWRC IC DI? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Gotcha which models for BCM, Sonics, and SOLGW? Is there something you dislike about the LWRC IC DI? Thanks.
It's not that I don't like LWRC's DI offerings. I've fondled them and live-fired them before - they're quite nice, and for a while back there, they were really right there in the game when it comes to "for my money." It's kinda like how I feel about Daniel Defense offerings today, too (keeping in mind that when I say that, I've got my c.2011 quad-railed M4V5LW sitting ready-to-go in my safe-room, as a dedicated home-defense weapon which I've vetted for myself through several training classes...which is to say that I honestly trust that gun with my and my family's lives): "for my money," today, I'd look elsewhere - that's all.

Sadly the truth of the matter is that their QA/QC is not really up-to-snuff versus BCM, Sionics, and SOLGW, each of which currently seems to stand-part in the civilian end-user side of the industry with their dedication to both QA/QC as well as customer-service.

In terms of the models, no particular ones - just whatever suits your fancy and budget. ;)

For a "fighting gun" in the $1K-$2K bracket, I've come to learn that QA/QC is really where it's at for me.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Oh which models do you recommend? And got any feedback or experiences w an LWRC IC DI? Thanks!
I have the dissipator and love it. Really depends on what configuration you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts