Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow! Thanks, I've been waiting for this for a long time to see the .32 H&R Magnum results and didn't realize it was out. However, big letdown. I wanted to see the Buffalo Bore .32 H&R and yep, they didn't test that one :cry: I figured it was the only one that would do well on expansion but now I'll have to wait longer. He might add it later like he did with some loads in the initial larger caliber tests.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
The 22 mag is about what I expected, really not a bullet that expands and the talk of it performing like a 380 was horseshit.

Reactions: Padraig

·
Premium Member
21,678 Posts
The 22 mag is about what I expected, really not a bullet that expands and the talk of it performing like a 380 was horseshit.
I figured the 22 mag would be a hole puncher but not an expander. I use mine as a belly gun.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I figured the 22 mag would be a hole puncher but not an expander. I use mine as a belly gun.
I agree. I remember one of the gun shows shooting the Hornady (I think) 22 mag loads saying it was a 380 equivalent. Bull. Not that 380 is great but it’s far superior to any 22 mag.

I’ve got a Pug in 22 mag and like you I’ve got no delusions on the capability of the bullet.

·
Premium Member
21,678 Posts
I agree. I remember one of the gun shows shooting the Hornady (I think) 22 mag loads saying it was a 380 equivalent. Bull. Not that 380 is great but it’s far superior to any 22 mag.

I’ve got a Pug in 22 mag and like you I’ve got no delusions on the capability of the bullet.
The way I look at it. I am pulling the trigger on all 5 rounds and running. I am not sure it will stop, but it might slow them down enough for me to get out of there.

The only good thing is that I always have it on me with deep pocket carry. So I always have something.

Reactions: Snaphook and Cuda66

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
The way I look at it. I am pulling the trigger on all 5 rounds and running. I am not sure it will stop, but it might slow them down enough for me to get out of there.

The only good thing is that I always have it on me with deep pocket carry. So I always have something.
I was with you up to the running part. I'll fire 5 shots and walk away in a determined (if slow) fashion yelling "GET OFF MY LAWN".

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up my 351PD to supplant my 43C... .22 Mag beats .22LR, and the proof is there. May get a 351C down the line, if I can find a no-lock model. The NAA replaced my Colt 1908 .25 for covert carry duties...but I did like that little Pony. Looks like .22M has an edge on .25FMJ (I think .25 JHP's are just ridiculous...)...although I’d like to see what the performance out of the 1” NAA barrel is like.
2E7D80F9-2201-4E42-A4D8-C492958A71D3.jpeg

I fully acknowledge the compromise that these rimfire rodent revolvers represent. The reason I like them is that they are so light they’re almost not there, and at the same time are accurate and easy to place fast hits with...something that most small .380’s are challenged with (or, perhaps I should say I am challenged with when using the small .380’s).

Self defense is not a one-size-fits-all solution.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I picked up my 351PD to supplant my 43C... .22 Mag beats .22LR, and the proof is there. May get a 351C down the line, if I can find a no-lock model. The NAA replaced my Colt 1908 .25 for covert carry duties...but I did like that little Pony. Looks like .22M has an edge on .25FMJ (I think .25 JHP's are just ridiculous...)...although I’d like to see what the performance out of the 1” NAA barrel is like.
View attachment 744405

I fully acknowledge the compromise that these rimfire rodent revolvers represent. The reason I like them is that they are so light they’re almost not there, and at the same time are accurate and easy to place fast hits with...something that most small .380’s are challenged with (or, perhaps I should say I am challenged with when using the small .380’s).

Self defense is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
Every time I see that 351pd I get a massive case of the jonesings.

Reactions: Cuda66

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The .327:Federal Magnum hits hard and penetrates.

i used the Federal 85 SP to dispatch a feral cat with my LCRX. I used the Single Seven to dispatch a large raccoon. Both were single shot kills.

I have some Federal Hydra-Shok and may switch to that.

I do reload also. .32 Gold Dots are hard to find as bullets or as loaded ammo for .327 Federal Magnum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts