Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assume you have a rail-mounted flashlight on your shotgun, rifle or pistol, what sights work the best with flashlights? Straight iron, tritium, red-dot, scope, other?

I was fumbling in the dark after a raccoon last evening, thought I would ask the board.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Assume you have a rail-mounted flashlight on your shotgun, rifle or pistol, what sights work the best with flashlights? Straight iron, tritium, red-dot, scope, other?

I was fumbling in the dark after a raccoon last evening, thought I would ask the board.

Standard iron sights suck unless you have the light source behind the sights. I'd prefer a red-dot typically, but my night-time coyote setup still runs a magnified optic. They'll work fine as long as you've got a strong enough light.

I use a Streamlight ProTac HL3. It's rated at 1,100 lumens and it's absolutely awesome. I can see out almost 200 yards through my M-223 3-12x44 even on a moonless night. Amazing how far lights have come.
On a side note, it's absolutely useless if you want to use it for anything but exterior illumination. Shine it on a bedroom wall and your retinas will burn for an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts