Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know lasers have been discussed to death...but unlike most of the people making suggestions, I am on a budget. No Crimson Trace or the likes.

Any suggestions for a low cost laser that does well? Possibly CC use also.

Thanks

btw, just got my XD 9mm SC today!!!:)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Try Laserlyte — Welcome as I've got one on my PX4 9mm sub-compact. It was about $85 as I recall and works decent enough. After a day at the rang, about 100 rounds, it gets moved a bit off target. A little adjustment, good to go. It will fit on the XDsc as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bunk22, Which model?

BTW, I was F-15Cs. Got out in 99 and did T-38s part time at Euro-Nato for a few after. You?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I don't really "do" LASERs except for trigger practice but if I did I would look strongly at the rear sight LASER as it wouldn't require a new holster.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Bunk22, Which model?

BTW, I was F-15Cs. Got out in 99 and did T-38s part time at Euro-Nato for a few after. You?
The RML FSL-3, made for subcompacts.

I flew C-2A's off the boat for 2 tours, an FRS C-2A IP for a tour, did a tour as a primary IP flying T-34C's and now I'm an advanced jet IP in Kingsville flying T-45C Goshawks. Nothing close to the Eagle unfortunately :oops: More like a C-130 pilot flying T-38's later on in the career.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bunk, Thanks for the laser info..and btw..

Very cool. If I have learned 1 thing it is all systems have their positives and negatives and they usually balance out....but in the end, flying beats most everything else.(although I prefer my landing area measured in thousands of feet, not hundreds.) I'm an airbus guy now...and you know what? I have not had to stare at sand for years...well, at least not on the other side of the world... and I may be away 2 or 3 days, but never months.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Ok...bearing in mind with lasers, like optics, you get what you pay for.

Why would one get the cheapest possible piece of equipment specifically for a situation where their life may depend on it?

Guess I don't understand that mindset.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Ok...bearing in mind with lasers, like optics, you get what you pay for.

Why would one get the cheapest possible piece of equipment specifically for a situation where their life may depend on it?

Guess I don't understand that mindset.
If it works, then it's all good. The cheap $20 lasers, maybe not. The Laserlyte works good enough for what is required by the wife.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Bunk, Thanks for the laser info..and btw..

Very cool. If I have learned 1 thing it is all systems have their positives and negatives and they usually balance out....but in the end, flying beats most everything else.(although I prefer my landing area measured in thousands of feet, not hundreds.) I'm an airbus guy now...and you know what? I have not had to stare at sand for years...well, at least not on the other side of the world... and I may be away 2 or 3 days, but never months.
This is my last job in the Navy, I retire in 1.5 years and I've had only one non-flying tour in 20 years. This flying tour is hands down the best I've had, I'm with the wing, averaging over 30 hours a month. No more deployments on the big grey's, no more IA's being held over my head, etc. I'm going for the airlines as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for a reasonably priced sight for the same gun. I pick up my XD9 sc today. This is the one I have my eye on, but I'd like to have some other options.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering if anyone has actually tried the cheap ebay laser just for grins. I know people will jump on me for even suggesting such blasphemy. I know someone here has tried them.. People??

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has actually tried the cheap ebay laser just for grins. I know people will jump on me for even suggesting such blasphemy. I know someone here has tried them.. People??
You talking about the $20 one from Midway? Red Laser Sight Weaver-Style Mount Black

It's "okay" at best, a big pain in the buttocks at worst. Adjusting can be done, however it's temperamental to say the least. And the only way it will fit on the SC is if you reverse the mount. I wouldn't use it at the range though. It's just not sturdy enough.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have and use the cheap eBay on my sig mosquito it works flawlessly. I placed it onto my XDmC 3.8 and it also works great for trigger practice. I do not carry it and I practice without it and when off the gun it makes a great toy for the dogs lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm looking for a reasonably priced sight for the same gun. I pick up my XD9 sc today. This is the one I have my eye on, but I'd like to have some other options.

Amazon.com: Lasermax Uni-Max® Micro: Sports & Outdoors
hmm I've been looking around too for a laser. This seems like a good, affordable option but you may need to get a special holster because it won't fit in regular holsters, right?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have and use the cheap eBay on my sig mosquito it works flawlessly. I placed it onto my XDmC 3.8 and it also works great for trigger practice. I do not carry it and I practice without it and when off the gun it makes a great toy for the dogs lol

Thanks for the good info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got one on my Walther PPS (40S&W) and my XD-M 3.8 (9mm). Both have held up great. I use a Active-pro behind the hip holster and by removing 2-3 stitches it fits fine with the RML. My XD-M in 40S&W I have the Laserlyte rear laser sight. It works great and no mods to the holster.

Neil S.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts