Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, This being my first post I must first say that I am very thankful to have found this forum because i have learned a lot here. Soo...thanks!

About two weeks ago, I purchased my first handgun which was the XD .357 Sig. 4" Now I gotta say that, I held and shot a glock, but as soon as I put the XD in my hand, it fell in love with it. The glock feels a little cheap to me. Anyways....in my area .357 Sig bullets are not really easy to find and they aren't the cheapest bullets in the world anyways, which is fine...I love the gun.

I would like to have something to shoot targets with, and get the feel of a hand gun a little more before I start carrying the .357Sig. I have spoke with several people and they all told me that 9mm has cheaper ammo, but a .22 handgun would be even cheaper to shoot. I went in seach of a .22 handgun, but I have yet to find anything that feels similar to the XD in my hand, or even feels like a real gun. I want somethign that has a similar look and feel of the XD or close....suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased an xd sub 9mm about a month ago and love it. Walmart has a box of Winchester Luger 9mm 100ct for 10.96. Not a bad price for still a decent shot! My father bought the 4" 9mm xd and loves it too! It is hard to beat the SA quality for the price!

When you are shooting a .22 with little or no recoil you will have a little bit of trouble going back to practice with your .357. Yes ammo is dirt cheap, but so are b.b.'s!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow thanks for the fast replies. Has anyone used the conversion barrel for the XD? Just wondering if it works as good as having a 9MM version...I was thinking about purchasing a 9mm version later anyways, because I love the XD so much. I guess I would have to purchase new magazines as well?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You should PM Old School for all the details, but I understand you can use the same mags. The EFK barrels have a good reputation, but that's more from reading about them rather than personal experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts