1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
This type of stuff pisses me off....I have been on this fourm since before I got my XD, and I very very rarely hear anyone bashing Glocks, for the most part, I hear alot of (they are both great weapons, get witchever one feels best for you). And this whole rust issue has been blown way out of the water IMHO. If you take care of the damn thing, you could prevent a pistol made out of iron from rusting. The XD finish does leave a bit to be desired but, that can be fixed. I think some of these Glock owners are just jelous. Ok im done venting now.

Semper Fi
Cowboy

·
Registered
302 Posts
How does one polymer-framed pistol feel "cheap" compared to another? What an idiot that guy was. I shot both at the range before deciding I liked the XD9 better, mainly because of the grip. No rust. Flawless in everything I've fed it. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
it felt cheap
:?: i dont understand this statement about the XD. i do understand how a gun feels cheap, but if you look at a glock and an XD side to side, they are much thicker in a lot of places, and they are just as tight.... so how could it feel cheap.

you want to feel cheap (IMO) pick up one of the new Styr pistols.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Everybody keeps talking about the durability issues. What are they besides finish issues???

I personally prefer metal slide rails and a heavy duty slide. Ergonomics are also right up there.

J

·
Registered
580 Posts
the day i bought my XD i went to the store, and asked to see the 4 inch, and the glock 19. the guy behind the counter, as well as the other employees, were all wearing XD's. he said...you know much about these guns? nope. he then takes them apart, and compares them PIECE FOR PIECE, and demonstrates the "beefier and stronger" components of the XD. from the mechanical point of view, i was sold. then he said, shoot them both. i took them back to the range, and went hog wild with 100 rounds each. at the end of those ravishing 12 minutes...the XD won by leaps and bounds.

for me. that is.

:-D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read the link to the glock forum. It sounds as if a lot of Glock owners also have XD's. And like them! The finish problem is the primary concern.Get your XD refinished and it's still cheaper than a Glock. A Glock owner and I fired each others guns. Afterwards, all he wanted to talk about was how he could leave his glock in a mud puddle for 6 MO> and still pick it up and shoot it. :roll: Great! But will that ever happen to a normal person. Not likely. I'm a newer XD owner and I love it! It's pointability and feel are much better IMO than the glocks. So to each their own. But I'm sticking with XD's. Sorry for the long post! But it flowed and felt good! :twisted:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I shot a glock and the xd before I purchased my XD. The XD felt so much better when I was shooting.

Glocks maybe are a little better built but if it doesn't feel good, no amount of quality will make it better.

I have nothing against Glocks, hell, I'll probably buy one in the future but I am glad that I made XD my first pistol purchase.

·
Registered
78 Posts
feels fragile lmaoooooo let me pistol whip your ass with it and tell me if it feels fragile when im done that kills me my partner couldnt beleve that my sig 220 weighed less than my 4"service model but it is.

i cant tell you how many times if had my heart set of a certain gun and put hands on it and said nope not for me and walked away bummed i bought the exwife a glock 19 and it took me lots and lots of ammo to get to shoot that thing accurately it just wasnt for me, it always came up barrel high every time.. i put hands on the XD after hours and hours of research on here and other places and walaaa it came up every time, time and time again shoots where i point it, hasnt had a hickup except for me not getting the mag in all the way, and im now on about 500 rounds between the SC and the service.. funny thing is every one that has put hands on these guns has to have one now.. to each his own but personally for me i think its the 1911 grip angle, as thats what i have always shot the best.. make no mistake if a glock is what i have to shoot a BG with then so be it.. but until that day the xd will always be with me.
just my .02 worth sorry for the rant guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
No reason to get torqued up. The rational members of Glock Talk had fair and balanced things to say about the XD. The less reasonable used phrases that could not be substansiated, and/or were pure hear-say. Again, no reason to get worked up over any of that.

-Zett

P.S. Yes, I own Glocks and XDs both.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the post seems to be from someone who really wants an opinion on the two, I'll post my experiences with both. If it looks like someone trying to get off starting a flame war or mindlessly spouting anti [gun name here] rhetoric, I ignore them.

I liked my Glock, I like my XD. Come to think of it, there aren't too many guns that I don't like. Hmmm, maybe I can get a job as a gun-rag hack.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I currently own 5 Glocks and 1 XD. The only reason I don't own 5 XD's is because I haven't been tripping over killer deals on them like I do on Glocks.
I like Glocks and XDs about the same. They're both solid performers and have pros and cons.

I also have a Steyr M40 and I feel it's just as good as the Glock and XD.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check it out over there. I'd say the "Glock or Nothing" crowd is getting an a-- whoopin'! :D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've got 5 XD's and 1 Glock. they're all good.

Stock XD triggers suck, stock glock triggers suck. They've both been proven firearms. I don't see what the point is.

Its like this guy i know who whenever anyone mentions a 1911. They good guns, but i've never seen one be 100% reliable. :cry:

At our last match, all 3 Glocks punked out. All 4 1911;s ran like champs.
:wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are just mad that there is a gun on the market to compete with their little glock. A cant stand glocks GRIP ANGLE BLOWS. I will take the loss of a few rounds in magazine capacity for a gun I can pick up and actually hold comfortly.

Oh and by the way my XD has NO RUST.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts