Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hanging around reading and soaking up info, and decided it was time to share. We just left the range a few hours ago after going thru a few rounds of WWB. Left the slide with the gunsmith, he's installing Williams fiber optic sites for me, gave me a good price on the sites and a free install, so what the heck. Next gun purchase is definately going to be a trade of the glock 37 45 gap for a XD 40. I'm pretty sure I want the ported barrel. Also want to look into the other barrels I've seen mentioned on this forum. All in all, I love these XD's! The 9 is everything I could want in an all around...cheap ammo, accurate, easy to clean. My wife even likes to shoot it, although she's partial to the Browning Buckmark we have. The only complaint I have with the XD is the finish. I have a few scratches in it, mainly from my holster snaps. Doesn't hurt the gun any, it gets cleaned and rubbed down every after every weekend range trip. Got to consider the Blue Armadillo stuff, or convince the wife to raise my allowance for amour coating. Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts