Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have an XD now. I bought it from a buddy of mine who needed fund rather quickly, so got it for a good deal. It's in 40SnW. I have had it for a few yrs now, but havent had the chance to shoot it as often as I would like to.

I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know if they have any "caliber conversions" out there for the XD40? I am really interested in finding a 9mm and 22lr conversion kits for this handgun if at all possible. Links would be great.

2. Storm Lake? Anyone heard of this company, and do they make caliber conversion kits?

3. Spare parts. Who sells them? Links?

Any help would be great. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm afraid there is no .22 conversions for the XD. I would really like one for my XD40 as well. 9mm is easy though, all you need is a 9mm barrel, recoil spring assembly, and 9mm mags. I will be purchasing these things when I have the money. Walmart has Federal 9s for $10.47 and .40 is $14.70. I like .40 better for SD but it would be nice to shoot cheaper range ammo.

As for spare parts try SA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the original recoil spring assembly will not work with a 9mm conversion bbl?

Does 9mm mags = XD9 service mags, since mine is an XD40 service?

Here is what I found so far regarding a 9mm conversion bbl....

- Pistol Accessories

I have a decent pile of 9mm already.(other guns chambered for 9mm).......and I would like to covert my XD40 to 9mm, but have the option of converting it back later whenever desired.

Trying to get a cost on a complete conversion as of now.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've ordered some stuff from them. They are a site sponsor. I think you can trust them. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Here is my spare parts cache. They were collected variously from SA and some of the site sponsors:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts