Springfield XD Forum banner
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ZanderMan 
#1 ·
I qualified at Ft. Bragg with an M-14 rifle, but Uncle Sam owned it; this week I finally bought my own Springfield- an XD-S pistol.

Wife asked, "Don't you already own two .45's?"
"Yes, dear, but not with a 3.3" barrel"

If you know how many guns you've got, you don't have enough, right?

Went immediately to the range and fired 50 rounds without a hiccup. Recoil is certainly manageable and my 5-shot groups were a couple of inches at 15'... weak side (arthritis on strong side wrist). I particularly like how well it conceals for such a powerful sidearm.

I also ordered a LaTour kydex holster and mag carrier; I'd ordered a LaTour holster for my S&W Shield several months ago and it was absolutely perfect: fit, finish, & look. One reason I bought the XD-S was it's very slim profile, and the LaTour only adds a fraction to it. It's also features a wrap design, so there's an absolute minimum of kydex to tuck IWB. Albert LaTour doesn't have a web site, but works off a facebook page. With his outstanding rig, I feel I've got a perfect CC combo.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for asking... one is an Army 1911A1 manufactured by Remington Rand- bought it the week I turned 21 when a local shop offered a student discount... cost $80!
The other's a Kimber Tactical Ultra II that I've no end of FTE problems with- despite a variety of factory loads and consciously making sure I wasn't limp-wristing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.