Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

One of my buddies showed me how to take out the firing pin so I get give it a good cleaning and I had to rush and put it all in the case before i reassembled. Upon open the case I cant find the firing pin anywhere.. Does anyone know where I can get a new one? Thanks

·
Registered
11,292 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Don't worry, as soon as you order it up, the charges clear and they SHIP it, the original lost part will be found in the wash or on your dresser or some other totally obvious location. Never fails!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Just send the slide back to Springfield and tell them you lost it when you took it apart. They will reassemble your slide with a new striker. they will not cover it under warranty but they will replace it.

The Titanium one I sell is an upgrade, it would be cheaper to have SA replace it.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Wouldn't the cost of shipping far exceed the cost of the upgraded striker?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Sending the slide only should not be too expensive. No high cost legal shipping problems. Without a frame attached to make it a firearm it is just a part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How the hell do you loose the firing pin. I can see a spring or drift pin but HUH? Well hopefully you have gotten the problem taken care of.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Thanks Boone, also take ThumperIII`s advice and only send the slide. You will be able to send via the post office priority mail for less than 10.00. If you have to ship the whole gun your looking at an ~80.00 or so in shipping for both ways overnight.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
XD Guys carry strikers. You really don't need to clean the striker channel. Well over 10K rounds thru mine, striker channel never dirty enough to worry about. You can cause malfunctions by cleaning the channel and not getting all the oil out. If you do clean it, make sure there is no residue left.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
XD Guys carry strikers. You really don't need to clean the striker channel. Well over 10K rounds thru mine, striker channel never dirty enough to worry about. You can cause malfunctions by cleaning the channel and not getting all the oil out. If you do clean it, make sure there is no residue left.
Ditto on the cleaning ... +13,000 rounds, and that striker pin has never been removed.

And someone correct me, if I'm wrong ... But isn't "XD Guys" the company everyone has been complaining about ?

Also,
OP ... Insure the slide for the value of the entire gun !!!
If it get's lost, you'll sure wish you had, because you can't just run down to the local store and buy another slide ... Heck, you can't even get one from SA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts