Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the store today, saw this guy openly carrying and on his belt I saw a badge. After standing in line beside the guy for a few I asked if he was law enforcement just making small talk. He responded "no I am a liscensed georgia firearms weapons permit holder. I responded me too, but I didn't seem to get the cute little badge" I don't think he found my humor. Not trying to offend anyone but why the hell would you want one of theese, I don't even open carry, I don't care for people to know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its a never ending problem and the folks with the badges don't seem to get it.

A badge conveys "authority". A CCW permit gives you no authority to do squat. It gives you "permission" to carry concealed. That's it. Some day, some badge-totin fool is going to get shot when Mr. Crackhead thinks he is a cop.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Its a never ending problem and the folks with the badges don't seem to get it.

A badge conveys "authority". A CCW permit gives you no authority to do squat. It gives you "permission" to carry concealed. That's it. Some day, some badge-totin fool is going to get shot when Mr. Crackhead thinks he is a cop.
Boom! Exactly! When I carry, I don;t want anyone to know until I choose.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't get it either. Concealed means concealed, so why would I want to put a shiny sign on my belt saying "shoot me first". ProShooter has it right.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Any non-LEO that carries a badge like your example holder is a First Class Looser and Fool!!!!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It gives you "permission" to carry concealed. That's it. Some day, some badge-totin fool is going to get shot when Mr. Crackhead thinks he is a cop.
It doesn't even give you that, since that permission comes from the permit in your wallet.

Some badge-totin' fool is either gonna get shot or get a free trip to the local jail when some bystander says, "I thought he was a cop." Bingo - an impersonating charge!

Seriously, I can't see ANY use for these things. Concealed means concealed. A CWP badge on your holster will only be seen if you draw, and then it's a little late. If you wear it where it can be seen, then the comments made above will apply.

The people who wear them tell you it will help the cops identify the "good guy" I think not...in the aftermath of a shooting, anyone with a gun will be disarmed and probably handcuffed until the LEOS can sort everything out. When they give an order to "drop the gun", that badge ain't gonna count for squat.

·
Premium Member
127,424 Posts
What a tool!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
this guy sounds like an idiot. what exactly does the badge look like? is it something thats actually given out or did he just make one for himself?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
this guy sounds like an idiot. what exactly does the badge look like? is it something thats actually given out or did he just make one for himself?
The NRA for one sells them w/ a badge/id holder. Bad idea all around IMO.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We'd better all hope and pray "mister tacticool pseudo-LEO" doesn't become engaged in a bad shoot. It's tools like this that make us all look like douche-bags.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I guess intelligence is not a prerequisite for buying a badge. It is a really bad idea to wear one. There is no upside to having one, only a downside.
I carries no authority. I will only get you in trouble with the people authorized to carry a badge, or it will get you shot by someone who does not like police officers. The bottom line: A person that carries a ccw badge is a LEO want-a-be.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm with the rest of you. I don't want anyone to know until I choose, and by then its probably gonna be a bad day for most involved anyways.

I saw someone open carrying at a bass pro shop near were I live, seemed a little too excited and proud I think. As I've said before, just because you carry doesn't make you special, and it doesn't mean that you actually know when and how to use your weapon.

Case in point... My boss recently got his CPL here in Michigan. He has a S&W M&P that he carries mostly and has only put about a hundred rounds through it. He also just picked up a Taurus 911 9mm that he has never shot and was carrying today. I also might add that he is left handed and was carrying in a right handed holster on the wrong side. (face palm moment). I have offered to take him to the range about a million times, just to get him comfortable with the weapons but he makes excuses. I also just found out he carries without a round chambered... WTF???

bottom line, badges are dumb, but people carrying concealed or open without trigger time and knowledge are dumb too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm with the rest of you. I don't want anyone to know until I choose, and by then its probably gonna be a bad day for most involved anyways.

I saw someone open carrying at a bass pro shop near were I live, seemed a little too excited and proud I think. As I've said before, just because you carry doesn't make you special, and it doesn't mean that you actually know when and how to use your weapon.

Case in point... My boss recently got his CPL here in Michigan. He has a S&W M&P that he carries mostly and has only put about a hundred rounds through it. He also just picked up a Taurus 911 9mm that he has never shot and was carrying today. I also might add that he is left handed and was carrying in a right handed holster on the wrong side. (face palm moment). I have offered to take him to the range about a million times, just to get him comfortable with the weapons but he makes excuses. I also just found out he carries without a round chambered... WTF???

bottom line, badges are dumb, but people carrying concealed or open without trigger time and knowledge are dumb too.
LMAO
Excuse me Mr badguy please let me CROSS DRAW my unloaded weapon chamber it then slowly take time to aim, without muscle memory this could take awhile.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hmm... wearing a badge on your belt sounds like a good excuse to get charged with impersonating an officer as well... moron.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.