Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys here is the deal.. I like my M&P9..but I really enjoy the smaller xds and I also shot the sig p250. Should I trade in? I wanna test some more of course, but I seem to shoot the best with the p250, Another question. I probably wont use the modular options so will the other sigs shoot the same as the p250? I'm actually not very familiar with sigs but like i said the targets don't lie.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Definitely keep the M&P. It has become my favorite handgun over time. The simple Dan Burwell trigger job turned it ino a fantastic shooter. I prefer it over all my other brands, XD, Sig, Glock, HK, Beretta, etc.
If you like the sig, why not get rid of the XD?
Really, why get rid of any of them?
Keep them all, spend money on AMMO, not another handgun, and practice practice practice!

Not exactly what you are trying to say about "the other Sigs.". If you mean removing the fire control group and putting it into a larger frame, then given the same trigger with a longer barrel, then yes it will shoot the same.
If you mean a completely different Sig model, then no, they will not shoot anywhere near the same as your 250.

PRACTICE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have been more specific, I own the M&P and thought of trading it for a XD or sigp250 and yea i was thinking about a totally different model. So your saying if I shoot good with the 250 I might not be so hot with another model?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sorry I should have been more specific, I own the M&P and thought of trading it for a XD or sigp250 and yea i was thinking about a totally different model. So your saying if I shoot good with the 250 I might not be so hot with another model?
Yes, correct. Other Sig models are very different than the polymer 250, especially the triggers on the metal guns including the newest E2. Their DAK models would be the most similar, but you would not just "naturally" shoot as well as the 250.
Again, practice is needed, so pick what you think you like best, and practice with it. Too many people buy every brand under the sun because they think it will make them a better shooter. There is no magic pistol, you need practice and fewer brands of handguns.;)
Like I said, I did not love my M&P instantly, but the more I shot it, the better I liked it. I went from using a 1911 in IDPA, to changing and staying with the M&P

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ugh, trading your M&P for a SIG P250 would be a God-awful trade, regardless of how well you shoot it. Have you done even a cursory Google study on the SIG P250? It has been plagued with problems. Why do you think they're practically giving them away?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ugh, trading your M&P for a SIG P250 would be a God-awful trade, regardless of how well you shoot it. Have you done even a cursory Google study on the SIG P250? It has been plagued with problems. Why do you think they're practically giving them away?
Yeah I can't believe how cheap they are for a SIG! Crazy.

M&P RULES!!!

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
I don't know anything but cursory info on the Sig, but if you do decide to get ride of the M&P I'd sell it outright instead of trading. You tend to lose your shirt on trades to dealers and it's my option of last resort for getting new iron.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. between what all you have brought to my attention and some thinking......drum roll .......I SHALL KEEP MY M&P!!! :)
If i get the itch again ill look into some of the other sigs. Thanks again!
Any recommendations on what model to look into?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I can't imagine ever trading or selling one of my M&P's. It's without a doubt my favorite platform right now. But as always if YOU shoot something else better... I would stay away from the P250 though. It's just not on the same level as say a M&P, XD, or a Glock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. between what all you have brought to my attention and some thinking......drum roll .......I SHALL KEEP MY M&P!!! :)

You did ask, so a 1911 RIA & S.A Mil Spec/GI's are great shooters!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am looking to get the M&P 9C with the Talo grip extension but they have been on back order for two months.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I am looking to get the M&P 9C with the Talo grip extension but they have been on back order for two months.
Yeah S&W just landed a huge contract I guess. They're having a lot of trouble keeping up with the demand. If you can find just the regular 9c you could always buy a full size mag and throw an X-grip on there. It's basically the same thing.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah S&W just landed a huge contract I guess. They're having a lot of trouble keeping up with the demand. If you can find just the regular 9c you could always buy a full size mag and throw an X-grip on there. It's basically the same thing.

Even the regular models are back ordered or hard to find but this one place here is Fayetteville sells them for $400 either way which is a really good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even the regular models are back ordered or hard to find but this one place here is Fayetteville sells them for $400 either way which is a really good deal.
If you can live with the M&P .40c, Jet Guns has them for $439.00 and that includes shipping AFAIK the web address is Jet Guns

I purchased the 4.25" M&P .40 from a few months ago and it was a really good experience!:D

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Definitely 229. The new E2 series is awesome and fits a variety of grips

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I could not imagine trading an M&P for a SIG P-250.

For a P226 or P228....maybe.

- brickboy240

1 - 20 of 23 Posts