Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently bought an XD and have put roughly 200 - 250 rounds through it over 3 sessions. The last 2 sessions I noticed my placement drastically off. While inspecting/cleaning after this last session I noticed the front sight to be very loose - I can touch it with slight pressure and it slides back and forth. It only tightens up near the ends of the slide. Curious if anyone else has experienced this or if this will be a problem for future sight upgrades. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I had my rear sight come off a few weeks ago. Just clean out the dovetail and drop a bit of loctite in the grove. Let dry overnight and it should set up fine. The good news is that if you ever need to replace your sights, you know they will come off with a few taps using a small punch and hammer. :wink: Some members here aren't as lucky and have had to use a sledgehammer! :x

·
Registered
52 Posts
yep, loctice is the trick, put a big glob on the edge of the sight in the groove, it will seep in, then you can wipe off the excess. If it is way too lose, some have removed the sight, then used a punch to put a very slight dimple in the groove or sight to increase friction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts