Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today and tested a few of my XD9s. Upon a basic cleaning.take-down i noticed the takedown lever was very loose on sc.

With the take down lever in the locked potion and with the slide removed with slight tap on the take down lever internal block i can flip down the lever. I am not sure if this is normal? Should i send it in to Springfield? I know there customer service is legendary.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Not really sure what you are doing. "take down lever internal block"? What does the manual call this part? PICS would benefit any question.

However, with the slide removed, I do not see where there is much of anything to prevent the lever from being turned to any position; as in normal?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Sounds like the spring that gives it tension is bad if indeed there is a problem, take the lever out and see what you see

IIRC the spring is called the slide stop lever spring and is part number 19 in the manual, you can see it from the side of the gun that the lever is one with the lever removed. it should be a straight shiny round shaft in the lower 1/3rd of the hole the lever goes into

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I inserted a pic. The arrow is pointed red to the block i am describing. With a easy tap with my finger and the lever will unlock. All my other XDs don't do this but, there not SC models so I'm not sure if its normal. The take down lever feels very loose without the slide attached.

I been busy during Springfield business hours last week, i am going to contact them next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Great now we have confirmed you were indeed talking about the takedown lever.

Did you take it out?

How the the spring I mentioned look from the hole after you take the lever out?

Does the slide lock seem loose?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. No problem with the slide stop. I dropped some oil in that area so i guess the lube made the action very smooth. I sprayed some degreaser and the tension seem to come better.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Oil would not make the lever flop around unless you used cutting oil and lapping compound and completely destroyed the tolerences.

But if its fixed, and you are happy, then good.

I'm still curious if you have taken the lever out and looked at everything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts