Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my XD45c and loaded up the two compact magazines yesterday. I noticed that when I put the magazine in the gun (fully loaded with ten rounds) that one of the rounds is loose and shakes back in forth. It also does this if I push down about 3/16" on the top round, as I am sure it is pushed down in the weapon. If I chamber a round and then have in the 10 round magazine, it does not do it. Nor does it do it when I have a 9 rounder in. I use the Pearce grip extensions but switched out and tried the original plates with no change. I have two compact magazines and it does it with both. Anyone else notice this or have a fix for it?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Very common for numerous brands of guns.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My XD45c did this when the mags were new, as they were used for shooting and reloading the pistol they stopped doing this. Later I bought a new magazine and the mag had the same condition. after use it will get ok.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My XD45c did this when the mags were new, as they were used for shooting and reloading the pistol they stopped doing this. Later I bought a new magazine and the mag had the same condition. after use it will get ok.
I have Sig mags from the late 90's that still rattle. it just depends on how the rounds settle in as and after they are loaded.

·
Registered
942 Posts
my USP 45 mags also do this with JHP's only.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Happens to me with HPs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts