Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need a little input from you experts. I have a Troy MRF-DI carbine handguards installed on a LMT 16" upper. Before i first shot it, the rails locked up tight and absolutely no wiggle or movement at all. After putting a few hundred rounds through the gun, the rail now has noticeable movement. The rail itself still locks up extremely tight but it seems like its rotating around the delta ring or something... The wiggle is about 1/2 mm to each side.

What can cause this? Is it a loose barrel nut? What is the best solution?

Thankss!!
Richard

·
Registered
559 Posts
the delta ring on my LMT wiggles a little bit too. It's not much, but it absolutely makes me wanna go FF handguard.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
You just got some of the best advice you can get.
I woul recommend a Daniel Defense, Sampson, Troy,......
With the rails, you get what you pay for.
I started with a MI rail, upgraded to a YHM, now finally,
settled on a Daniel Defense.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i have a YHM rail and i am VERY happy with it.

the drop in rails will wiggle the free float ones wont.

i think YHM stuff is good, its not the best but i do belive they offer the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So its not because something loosened up, just the nature of the system correct? If thats the case, i guess its time to look for a true FF to put in there. I love the way that these Troy Drop-Ins look though...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Completely agree,....
I was very happy with my YHM rifle length light weight rail.
I found a great deal on a un-installed DD rail.
X3 here...i also have the FF YHM handgaurds and I have yet to experience any kind of wiggle in about 1000 rounds...I also used a Little loctite to secure it...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
So its not because something loosened up, just the nature of the system correct? If thats the case, i guess its time to look for a true FF to put in there. I love the way that these Troy Drop-Ins look though...

well im sure you will like how the FF ones look also.

here is my 10.3" SBR with a YHM specter length diamond rail

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
IMO the FF rails really aren't necessary unless you are going for a precision rig. I have drop in quad on my AR-10 and that will be plenty good for what its used for. I do plan on building/buying a precision upper for it at some point and it will definitely have FF rails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMO the FF rails really aren't necessary unless you are going for a precision rig. I have drop in quad on my AR-10 and that will be plenty good for what its used for. I do plan on building/buying a precision upper for it at some point and it will definitely have FF rails.
haha, i know its definitely not necessary for me but im just going to be OCD about the tiny little wiggle!! Argh!

its always what i WANT and not what i NEED!! haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts