Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my XDm 9mm nov 7. pulled it out of the box and noticed the ejector was loose,as in wiggled side to side and up and down.all roll pins were seated properly.it appears the ass'y holes are over size.my .40 XDm does not show this problem ?. also have a few regular XDs and the ejectors are all tight.
I thought this was going to give me an ejection problem or jam up. BUT this thing shot and ejected as well as any. it put emptys to the right and behind in a 2-3 ft circle. ran a 150 rnds through an shot great.I asked my dealer to check his stock and compare but hes out. anybody here have the same problem . part #14 in the diagram in manual.maybe they made a design change.I will call and see if they have heard of this but was wondering if you all have heard or have the same thing.???

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
This is common

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ichy,what are you basing your this is common statement on.I have never seen it b/4 and have a 9XDm .40XDm and without going into the safe right now I would guess between my wife and I there are probably 12 in different cal's and models.yea there is some movement in the ejector on some.and some are tight.
this one moves left and right at least 1/16"
was just asking for a comparision on new XDMs so if this is so common I havent seen it in my guns to this extent.
so Im just asking so I can understand what are you basing this is common on.??
I am going to ask springfield what is common but thought I would check out the knowledge of the forum.
I shoot these in USPSA competition and even after 1000,s of rounds havent seen one like this??????????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it works, who cares?

ranburr
If most guns have tight ejectors and a few have loose ejectors it shows varying consistency and a lack of quality control. The XD is still proving itself and building its reputation( so far so good) . It will be building its reputation for many years to come. No arms manufacturer can afford to make a single lemon if they want their name to be synonamous with quality and give the OTHER black gun maker a run for his money.

I joined this forum to learn more about the XD from people who own them. I am in the market for a new gun because I have a pistol that has developed feeding issues from a loose extractor. It use to operate flawless but loose becomes looser over time. To me its very important that tight parts stay tight and loose parts stay loose over the length of its service life.

Glenn

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If you look at a how the ejector works and how it fits in the slide, you will realize some play is fine. The stamped ones have more play and it is normal and it has nothing to do with "a lack of quality control" it is simply designed tolerances.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I am in the market for a new gun because I have a pistol that has developed feeding issues from a loose extractor. It use to operate flawless but loose becomes looser over time. To me its very important that tight parts stay tight and loose parts stay loose over the length of its service life.

Glenn
You don't need a new gun. You need a new extractor. Your extractor has lost tension. All extractors will eventually lose tension if you put enough und through them.

ranburr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts