Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to trade my XD40sc for a Kahr K9, more for the slimmer profile than anything else.

Has anyone shot on of these? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Walker

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had one ready to check out and went back and got my XD40SC. If have small hands and look for slimmer profiles also. The main reason I went with the XD was the safety. It is my concealed carry pistol. Will you just not chamber one or are you not concerned with that either way? BTW I did shoot a Kahr and they feel great.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Keep the 40. If you want an easy-to-carry 9, take a look at Kel-Tecs. They are roughly 1/3 the cost of the Kahr.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I say keep the XD and get something else...
You can never have to many!

·
Registered
855 Posts
My experience with Kahrs was less than stellar..:cry:
Really? I've heard mostly good things about them. I was even thinking about buying a CW9 soon for CCW use. I've heard they take 200 or more rounds to break in but after that they're great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a K9, sold it to buy a XDsc9. The K9 was way to picky about cycling
ammo and would not always go fully into battery. That was with FMJ ammo, would not feed gold dot jhps, but it fed fine with hydro shocks.

All of this was with way more than 800 rounds thru it, so it went bye bye!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have a P9 and a XD40-SC

I love my XD but I carry the P9 more often due to the lighter and thinner kahr frame.

The XD is a much better gun IMHO - its better built, stronger, sturdier and will withstand everyday use much better then the Kahr.

The only advantage to the P9 is the light weight and the single stack thinness. The mags are on the cheap side (I dont mean cost wise-because they are not inexpensive)

The height and length between them are very close.

I have both and Im glad that I have both. If I were to pick only one it would have to be the XD - its just a better firearm. Ive had good luck with my Kahr, I bought it used and it probably has around 500rnds through it. It has been a good carry gun and I have no plans to get rid of it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for the feedback....

1lowlife - What issues did you encounter with the Kahr, and what model was it? I've read about different problems with the composite framed guns, that don't exist with the metal framed models.

There are many times when I need to deep conceal, and due to my build (Dunlaps disease issue) and circumstances I find it uncomfortable to carry the SC IWB with a Supertuck. I find myself carrying my 1911, in a Supertuck, and although it is comfortable and thin, length can be an issue.

I've looked at the KelTec PF9s for $249, and may pick one up when finances permit. They are very small, and the reviews I've seen are good and bad, pretty much the same as the Kahr. I like the feel of the Kahr, better than the KelTec.

I read similar type reviews when I got my used Kimber. Like the XD, I can feed that whatever ammo I like and it's happy.

Walker

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't know if you have made up your mind or not but I haven't had any problems with my K9. It it great for carry if you don't mind the weight. It is stainless steel so even with the single stack its pretty heavy. I do feel very safe carrying with it with one in the chamber because it does have the longer trigger pull for this purpose.

All in all I would recommend it, although maybe not trading for it. The single stack is great and the width is just under 1" which is nice. All in all its really up to you and the feel of it. Mine is very reliable and is one of my two carry guns.

- T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts