·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. For the $150 dollar scope, I would avoid brands like barska and nc star. What about the bushnell ar series?
Is Barska that bad?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Keep them coming

Thanks

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
What do these go for used?

Thanks
I found a good quality 3-12x40 for about $125. Shop around on ebay and you'll find a good deal. Unless you are doing some real precision shooting (< half MOA on a custom built bolt rig) a 1-4x through 3-9x is pretty standard and will do you just fine.

What you don't want to do is buy a decent optic and put it in crappy rings.... your mount is just as important as the glass IMO

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
For a "conventional" variable scope, you can get better quality than Barska for not a lot of money. Check out Midway for the Bushnell AR Optics scopes. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...ne-223-bdc-reticle-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Also, you can get the excellent Primary Arms 3 m.o.a. red dot @ Amazon right now for $49, plus $4 shipping. I just bought two of them. I bought them, based on my experiences with the Bushnell TRS-25, which is essentially the same as the Primary Arms red dot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Vortex is really awesome. And come with a really great warranty.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Stay the hell away from Barska and NCStar. *shudder*

I have a bushnell 1-4x AR Series optic in a Millett 30mm base on my carbine. does very well and i like it quite a bit, but honestly doesn't need the 1/10 MIL clicks that they all come with. oh well, i suppose.

And CHEAP!!! You can pick it up at walmart for under $100, and the glass is actually pretty good. the mount was like $25.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the cheaper side but really good quality check out Primary Arms and their sights/scopes. Really affordable and nice quality.

Otherwise I have a Burris TAC30 (1-4X) that is really nice but a little more money than what you are looking to spend. But buy once cry once.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
primary arms makes a great red dot check them out primaryarms.com

·
Registered
768 Posts
I second the Vortex option. They have great scopes and red dots. Check out the Crossfire II for the scope and the Strikefire for your red dot option. Vortex has a lifetime no questions asked warranty. I had to send in my Crossfire II because the reticle shifted. They emailed me a shipping slip and i had a new one in a few days. Great company. If you want to step up on the red dot side get an aimpoint or eotech.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input. Ill post up when I decided on what im gonna order

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 44 Posts