Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local prices have been around $650 or so in DE, I would like to get a sense of how much you guys are paying for the XDm locally. I would like to support local businesses but I can get one online at $500-565 or so. I wouldn't mind spending about $600 locally but I think $ 650 is excessive.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered a XDm 9mm for $599 locally, the highest price I looked at locally was $639. The .40 was going for $589 for the ones in stock, I was told the new wholesale price was raised and that is what accounted for the $10 price increase and that all XDm's would be $599. The prices also went up on the regular XD line from $479 to $499 for the new guns, the ones in the case were still the old price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just saw last night that Cabelas has the XDM in 9mm or .40 for $599 Black or $649 Bi-tone. And they come with a free XDM t-shirt. Sale ends Dec.3

I wont have my permit until Dec. 17

Anyone know if I could somehow purchase it under the sale price and then pick it up in a few weeks?

·
Registered
174 Posts
There was only one dealer in town that had a Bi-Tone. So I got hosed for $679 + tax.:sad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to pick up my .40 today. The gun shop I am going to said that their distributer raised the price so it will be $619 before taxes/fees. Which isnt terrible. I know cabelas is having their sale which is a good deal, but I dont want to go out there just to have had them run out of XDms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just saw last night that Cabelas has the XDM in 9mm or .40 for $599 Black or $649 Bi-tone. And they come with a free XDM t-shirt. Sale ends Dec.3

I wont have my permit until Dec. 17

Anyone know if I could somehow purchase it under the sale price and then pick it up in a few weeks?

Can you try lay-a-way?? That's how I'm doing it, but, then again, I already have my permit. Try asking the store, couldn't hurt.....:idea:

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Well, I know Sportsman's (at least ours) as a general rule allows you to be "grandfathered" on gun sales. Just like our "no tax" days from this past week. Long story-short, as long as you started your paperwork before the sale was over, you still got the sale (or no tax) price when you finally got a proceed on the paperwork, whether the actual day fell within the sale time-frame, or up to 29 days after it ;) .

Granted, not all stores do it, in fact many don't; I would just ask the hunting manager to find out. You'll never know if you don't ask, and the worst they can say is "no". But how pissed will you be if you don't ask and they might've said "yes" :cry: ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
640.00 Bi Tone here in Utah
619.00 Black

Both before Tax
I don't have to pay fees other that Tax because I am a Permit holder

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got my XDM bi-tone for $629 in 9mm 3 days ago. My black XDM I got for $529 in 9mm. Got the both at Cabelas in Ft Worth TX.

I picked up the black XDM tonight...not sure why there is a $100 price difference. A few days ago the price was much higher. I have seen Cabelas mess up on gun pricing before. I even told the guy I thought $529 didnt seem right but that is what it rang up!

Sent off for my free mags for each XDM!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I got mine for $652 out the door with taxes last weekend at the Nation's Gun Show.

·
Registered
948 Posts
mcbrides in austin,tx.599.00 for the black 645.00 or so for the bi-tone:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
dang! I got my black xdm 9 yesterday at the fort worth Cabelas for 569, and they almost rang it up for 679. I thought I was getting a great price at 569, but 529 is really sweet.

I had the ad that showed the free tshirt, but the reps didn't know anything about it and couldn't find any tshirts. I called SA, and they said that the tshirt must be a Cabelas promo, not SA. Not a big deal, but I'd like them to honor it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for your responses. Seeing the ranges go from $530-650 doesn't help me much in trying to give local businesses my money. I will do much better getting the firearm online. It's a shame really. I would much rather support my local businesses but there is no way that it's fair for their margin to be so high. I'm still willing to spend up to $600-$625 out the door but nothing above that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm all about getting the best price, but 569 was 35 cheaper than the lowest gun show price that I've seen. I haven't tried online because I like to see what I'm getting without any surprises, but I guess it works well for many people. Plus, I'm willing to pay a bit more so that I don't have to pay/wait for shipping.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. Seeing the ranges go from $530-650 doesn't help me much in trying to give local businesses my money. I will do much better getting the firearm online. It's a shame really. I would much rather support my local businesses but there is no way that it's fair for their margin to be so high. I'm still willing to spend up to $600-$625 out the door but nothing above that.

Its a lot more expensive to run a retail store than an internet store.

Id much rather support a local shop as well, but its very hard to beat some of these prices online. Even after shipping to FFL and the fee's associated with that. Here in IL theres a 72hr 'cooling off period' anyway, so it pretty much works out to be about the same wait time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts