Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a nice Colt 1991A1.
It has many upgrades, but there was one modification I was instructed to change when I purchased the pistol. Now I am looking for other peoples opinions and thoughts on this. The grip safety is pinned. I have no issues with this as the only time the firearm will ever see ammo is at the range, it will never see any self defense applications beacuse of the other modifications to the firearm.

I am asking for the common thoughts on this, leave it pinned or unpin it and a statement of why.
I have given my thoughts on why I have not had it unpinned, and to be honest I have not shot it yet. Just got it last week.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If it were mine, I'd leave it pinned. All my 1911 grip safeties are disabled in one way or another. I grip them so high that I disengage them when trying to shoot. All of them are competition use only so no need for the grip safety to work.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My rule with 1911s has always been, if its feeding, firing, ejecting and hitting where it should...I leave it alone. Only if it is not doing any of these on a regular basis do I start working on the pistol. I only fix what is not working for me, period.

This policy has served me well, but judging by the dearth of aftermarket parts and people's desire to monkey with something that is working fine...I am in a minority.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
115 Posts
If it's a range gun, who cares...If it's a competition range gun, it's gotta work. To each his own...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts