Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of reviews for the promag 32rnd magazine? Is it good? Noob and first time gun owner here

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I have a cousin that buys promags. Every so often I get a call that goes something like this. "Hey, cousin, when you coming home again? I've got a new pistol and a couple of the magazines don't work too well."

Could be don't feed, could be fall out of the pistol when it fires, could be who knows what. Usually it takes some tweaking of the feed lips, the magazine release/catch hole in the body of the magazine, replacing springs, something or other to get the mags working better than they were. Sometimes it's just a reduction in problems. Sometimes it really seems to "fix" them with the ammo he's using at the time.

It seems it's always Promags. I keep reminding him of all the issues he's had and he keeps buying them anyway.

I don't buy Promags.

If you keep an eye out you can find factory mags (standard capacity anyway) at decent prices.

Std. 16 round XD 9MM mags from SA for $20 each SPRINGFIELD XD FULL SIZE 16RD 9MM STAINLESS MAG (cdnnsports.com) Seems like a great price to me.

Factory SA 35 round mags for the XD 9MM are much more expensive SPRINGFIELD XDM XDME 35RD 9MM MAGAZINE (cdnnsports.com) But they are built to XD 9 specs and should work great.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Why the heck would you want or how would you use a 32 or 35 round XD / XDM mag? (Not counting playing getto) Asking for a friend.
You don't.

People see hootrats on TV with them and think they need their own.

Lazy people think they save time at the range, not realizing that mag changes are great training.

Loading 32 rounds in one mag or two takes the same amount of time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why the heck would you want or how would you use a 32 or 35 round XD / XDM mag? (Not counting playing getto) Asking for a friend.
I just want to have some fun at the range lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a cousin that buys promags. Every so often I get a call that goes something like this. "Hey, cousin, when you coming home again? I've got a new pistol and a couple of the magazines don't work too well."

Could be don't feed, could be fall out of the pistol when it fires, could be who knows what. Usually it takes some tweaking of the feed lips, the magazine release/catch hole in the body of the magazine, replacing springs, something or other to get the mags working better than they were. Sometimes it's just a reduction in problems. Sometimes it really seems to "fix" them with the ammo he's using at the time.

It seems it's always Promags. I keep reminding him of all the issues he's had and he keeps buying them anyway.

I don't buy Promags.

If you keep an eye out you can find factory mags (standard capacity anyway) at decent prices.

Std. 16 round XD 9MM mags from SA for $20 each SPRINGFIELD XD FULL SIZE 16RD 9MM STAINLESS MAG (cdnnsports.com) Seems like a great price to me.

Factory SA 35 round mags for the XD 9MM are much more expensive SPRINGFIELD XDM XDME 35RD 9MM MAGAZINE (cdnnsports.com) But they are built to XD 9 specs and should work great.
I agree 💯. I got 3 10round mags for my 1911. After modifying my mag release they have worked 100%. All said and done I wished I would have purchased Oem mags for my citadel. Not to mention the length for the extra 2 rounds just isn't worth it. The mags do feel a little cheap and the followers are laughable but they do work.
Promags 1911

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I like mine, Promag gets some items right and their XD9 is one of'em.
It's fun for playing range games, keeps that ball rolling for a long ways.

·
Registered
I have a few springfields. Let's leave it at that.
35 Posts
I ordered one because the new magazine ban starts here on the 1st. I didn't even want it until they said I can't have it. I got the springfield brand.

·
Registered
I have a few springfields. Let's leave it at that.
35 Posts
Hahahaha this thing is ridiculous. How do the gang bangers manage to carry one of these around concealed? Now I gotta learn how to shoot with the gun sideways
Sleeve Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Denim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts