Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range with the wife.

She shot and LOVED the Sig 232. Now the question is this how does the Bersa Thunder compare? My first quick pass over at Gunbroker shows a major difference in price so I am wondering if its worth the difference.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
The Sig will obviously be the all-around better gun...however the Bersa is still a great gun. If you've got the cash to throw out a Sig, I'd do it...but if you want something a little cheaper, that still works great, get the Bersa.

I loved mine, I regret selling it. Not a bad CC, although it's a little big for being a .380 with such a low capacity...but it sure shoots real easy.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Bersa also seems to have a top notch customer service in Colorado, try and rent one. I have a Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact ( that NAME is bigger than the gun lol ) and it's pretty darn cool. Great ergos and safety features with a decocker/safety a very reasonable DA/SA trigger and a slide that is very easy to rack ( easier than my 9mms ) I would imagine the 380 is similar.
Get to a gun shop and check them out.
You might also want to check out the 232s suspiciously similar brother the Walther PPK ( yes 007 James Bonds' gun ) although I doubt the price is much different.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
all i can say is my bersa is my ONLY gun that has NEVER jammed. still if price wasnt an issue get the sig but if it is get the bersa. i gave mine to my brother as his first gun and even he has yet to screw it up...i guess i should stop calling it my bersa

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Buy the Bersa. The wife has many 100's of rounds thru hers, no problems as long as she grips correctly. Very accurate little gun with minimal recoil, especially using soft reloads. Wife loves hers, tho' for CC she is very interested in trying the P3AT I plan to buy soon.
Nothing wrong with the Sig, but I figger if you could afford the Sig you wouldn't be asking....been there, got the shirt. ;)

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
My wife shoots the Bersa Firestorm 40 and loves it, no issues to report...

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
I have the Sig P230 which is an erilier model of the P232. It is absolutely reliable and I use it as my backup for my XD45 Compact. I have never had any misfire, failure to eject, failure to feed, jam or any other problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts