Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much says it all. I am looking for a picture of a XD Service model that someone has put an aftermarket 5" ported barrel into. I saw this idea mentioned in the thread on "Anyone using an after-market barrel in their XD - EFK?" (http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=19643&highlight=) and I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone has a picture of such a conversion.

I would think this would be a cool looking conversion and the porting would help tame muzzle flip. So if you have a picture I would love to see it.

Thanks
mcb

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll try to get a pic of mine later today when my girlfriend comes over. She's the one with the camera and the photo edit skills.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, It looks as cool as I thought it would. I might just have to get me one of those for my XD-40.

mcb

P

·
0 Posts
hey that top pic on the page with the slide tan, anyone know where i can get that done at?

P

·
0 Posts
i also saw a picture on SAs website with one like that. Do they offer it? what is the price of getting it done or is there a way to do it at home.

P

·
0 Posts
you just got an email from them, they do not do the desert tan anymore. they do black OD and silver.

P

·
0 Posts
anyone know if there is a way to get a spare slide for the XD. got the service but want to have the versatility of having a tactical also

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
yobo97sc2 said:
could you turn a 9mm service model into an tactical model by changing to the 5 in barrel and tactical slide?
Sorta. An aftermarket barrel will give you additional length, however coming across a loose slide is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
An aftermarket barrel will give you additional length, however coming across a loose slide is nearly impossible.
Ha! This one's too easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts