Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys maybe you can help me out here.
A good friend of mine is looking for and M14. He is an old Marine. Where would he be able to buy a good used M14 like he used in the service in the 70's?
Another option would be a new M14 that looks like that late 60's early 70's time period. I know he's wants nothing to do with plastic stocks. He looking for a stock looking M14. He wants to not only shoot it but wants to display it with his M1 Garand.
He's talking in the $2,000 price range. Any help would be deeply appreciated. TIA.....Bluto.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ok guys maybe you can help me out here.
A good friend of mine is looking for and M14. He is an old Marine. Where would he be able to buy a good used M14 like he used in the service in the 70's?
Another option would be a new M14 that looks like that late 60's early 70's time period. I know he's wants nothing to do with plastic stocks. He looking for a stock looking M14. He wants to not only shoot it but wants to display it with his M1 Garand.
He's talking in the $2,000 price range. Any help would be deeply appreciated. TIA.....Bluto.
If he really wants an M14 he is going to spend 10-20 times more than that budget. Civilians cant buy new automatic weapons due to our stupid gun control laws. The Springfield M1A lineup is the semi-auto/civilian version.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
If he really wants an M14 he is going to spend 10-20 times more than that budget. Civilians cant buy new automatic weapons due to our stupid gun control laws. The Springfield M1A lineup is the semi-auto/civilian version.
This. Real M14's are real pricy.

For around $1300, he could buy a M1A with a wood stock, though. Or, buy one with a synthetic stock and get a GI wood stock from Fred's.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the M1A Is going to be the one his going to be getting. :D
Thanks Guys. I had no idea a military M14 changed to Semi Auto civilian rifle cost that much. Just goes to show what I know about the M14. ;)

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Looks like the M1A Is going to be the one his going to be getting. :D
Thanks Guys. I had no idea a military M14 changed to Semi Auto civilian rifle cost that much. Just goes to show what I know about the M14. ;)
To the best of my knowledge, there are no surplus M14's that were converted for sale to the general public...and there never were.

For what's readily available, there's the Springfield models, there's some older Norinco and Polytech Chicom-made clones, and then there's a few other companies like Fulton Armory that are making them.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Cuda. Like I mentioned I do not know much about the M1a or the M14. I do however have a mini 14 but that'a horse of a different color.;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Cuda I believe That's just what he's looking for."Thanks" I sent him a few emails yesterday but I haven't heard anything back from him, as I'm sure, like me he's been up all night, and this morning fighting hurricane Irene. I'm lucky my power didn't go out but was up all night just waiting and listening to the sump pump making sure it didn't stop. Living in SE Pa. we got more than our share of driving rain last night. I'll say somewhere between 8 and 10". Checked with a couple of neighbors and friends this morning to see if anyone needed any help before I got to lay down for a couple hours. Two have fairly good amounts of water in the lower rooms. Haven't seen that much rain since 1969 where I had a date with Hurricane Camille in New Orleans.
I'll foward that off to him but, At this present moment I'm sure he's got more important things on his mind.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If a true military M14 is found, your friend would just need to follow the NFA (Class 3) license requirements ($200 tax stamp and an additional 6 to 9 months to have you Class 3 license approved before the seller can send the firearm to your local Class 3 FFL dealer).

Here is a link to two spectacular,unfired, and original M14s. Of course, you can imagine the price:
Here are a few other for you to look into:
At the very least, the links above shows that you can find and purchase them. It may take some time, but if this is what he wants then keep trying!!!

Your friend should also call the CMP. This is the only government licensed facility in the nation that sells military surplus firearms directly to the public. If you purchase from them, they ship directly to you and not to a FFL. I don't think they carry or sell the M14s because the military still uses them (I think...); but, if you call and ask they might be able to offer some assistance:

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
If a true military M14 is found, your friend would just need to follow the NFA (Class 3) license requirements ($200 tax stamp and an additional 6 to 9 months to have you Class 3 license approved before the seller can send the firearm to your local Class 3 FFL dealer).

Here is a link to two spectacular,unfired, and original M14s. Of course, you can imagine the price:
Here are a few other for you to look into:
At the very least, the links above shows that you can find and purchase them. It may take some time, but if this is what he wants then keep trying!!!

Your friend should also call the CMP. This is the only government licensed facility in the nation that sells military surplus firearms directly to the public. If you purchase from them, they ship directly to you and not to a FFL. I don't think they carry or sell the M14s because the military still uses them (I think...); but, if you call and ask they might be able to offer some assistance:
Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:
CMP has never had M14's, and never will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts