Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good open carry holsters for an XD in 45 acp (4 inch barrel), that's left handed? I've been looking and can't seem to find a good option, everything ends up being for other models or not available for lefties.
I'm open to belt or drop leg, prefer something with retention, just want to be able to open carry securely

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I used a Safariland ALS when I ooen carried an XD .45. I think it was model 6378, they make left and right hand models.
I think the right hand model was about $30.00 back then.

·
Premium Member
21,651 Posts
Right handed holster taped upside down?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good open carry holsters for an XD in 45 acp (4 inch barrel), that's left handed? I've been looking and can't seem to find a good option, everything ends up being for other models or not available for lefties.
I'm open to belt or drop leg, prefer something with retention, just want to be able to open carry securely
Give Josh Russell a call. I took this pic from his website to provide an example. He has made three lefty holsters for me, both IWB and OWB. Retention is tension surrounding the trigger guard - although leather, you can feel a distinctive "click" that locks it in place. Takes about a week, he can also provide room for the new larger sights too.
11990491_1009326032469906_2897432048851024725_n.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts