Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how but my front sight fell off. I have a Springfield 1911a1 with factory Novak night sights, well I did anyway. I've seen so many different sizes that I don't know which ones will even fit now. I plan to call Springfield tomorrow but I was wanting to change them out even before this happened. Anybody know which ones might work? Here it is in it's sightless glory http://i.imgur.com/z0PRsQ5.jpg

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Anything with a Novak cut will replace it.

Springfield will replace it free of charge, if that's what you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even with the custom work though? Also any chance of a quick sight cut rundown? I'd like to upgrade as I didn't like these anyway. Novak is a cut?

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Even with the custom work though? Also any chance of a quick sight cut rundown? I'd like to upgrade as I didn't like these anyway. Novak is a cut?
What custom work did have done to the sights?

And if you want aftermarket, you'd either have to buy them yourselves, or see if SA does other options.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing to the sights themselves but usually for a company to do warranty work or anything like that they prefer you didn't modify their product.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It started off as a lightweight bitone w/night sights and somebody blacked the whole thing out then I got it and had a friend clean it back up polish a few parts and cerakote it.

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
Honestly?

If you want aftermarket anyway, why even bother?

You're only saving $25 bucks for the freakin' install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's What im here to figure out. The dots are too small on the factory sight and not great for high to medium light pickup for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts