Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to guns and went with the XD40 as my first. After all of the info on this site, I am thinking of getting a trigger job. Does anyone know any good gunsmiths in tucson?
Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
87 Posts
The short answer is no. I have been shooting the XD and XDM for sometime now. The guy who did my trigger work is in California and it is awesome. It really depends what you are going to do with the gun. There are several DIY aftermarket options around. I am in Tucson as well and have heard that Accuracy Speaks in Phoenix does really good work on XD's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Pete Dolan at 2nd Amendment Sports here in Tucson:

2nd Amendment Sports
5146 E. Pima St.
Tucson, Arizona 85712-3628

Tel: 520-325-3346
Fax: 520-327-2934
Store hours: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Mon-Sat, Closed Sundays

I had him do a ATS sight install on my xdm 40 and he had worked on them before so was familiar with the degree of difficulty involved. I don't know about trigger work but he seems to be a good gunsmith.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am curious, why do you need a trigger job? I have been shooting my XDm 45 new out of the box for 2 years. From 25 yards on in it is superb in accuracy and trigger set. The reason I would like to know, will a trigger job really improve my ability to handle my XDm?
:D:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
There is Calvin at weaponworx, but his prices are insanely high! And I hear he sublets a lot. So I'd avoid him like the plague. Tried to charge me over 100 for a barrel polish Psh yeah right!
Pete is decent at 2nd ammendment but haven't been over there in years.

Currently I use black weapons armory for my gun smith work. Prices are reasonable there. However their gun prices are extremely high!

Might I suggest a prp drop in kit? You can do it yourself very easily, and will get you a nice clean consistent trigger.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Your more than welcome to try my xdm that has a prp drop in.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Damn you zellworks you made me respond to a zombie thread Haha!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Lol the title hooked me and I was about to respond when you posted about the zombie thread Azfist!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts