Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robertson Trading Post

Want a couple of extra pistols to stash away for SHTF? Good quality pistols that will last for a very long time for low prices?

These guys have plenty of police trade in Glock 17s, Beretta 92s, CZ-75s and older 3rd gen Smith autos at prices at or way below 350 bucks.

I bought a G22 from them years ago and the thing has been 100% and a very good shooter for the 325 bucks I paid. I am going to grab another 2nd gen Glock 17 to stash away - you can never have enough back-ups. You never know when you might need an extra pistol and why not grab a quality one?

Just thought I'd pass this along, since some are buying back-ups or duplicates. These guys sell really nice ones and only charge 10 bucks to ship them...totally worth it. Many of the CZ-75s are under 300 bucks.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
My local GT Distributors has the same deals. Police trade ins in the $300 range. Mostly Glocks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Id find a decent revolver for a good back up gun. Buds gunshop.com will often sell used police revolvers for 240$. Less moving parts the better right?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks for that link, nice prices!

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
I always look at a pistol as a backup gun. I'd rather have spare long guns than spare pistols in a SHTF scenario......but maybe that's just because I am a horrible shot with a pistol:p

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I wouldn't mind picking up a few extra cheap guns, thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Makarov is a nice cheap gun. My only concern is ammo availability. The steel case is $200 per 1000. But how hard will it be to get ammo if the SHTF? I think I would opt for a Beretta or CZ 75for around $350. The ammo is the about the same cost but there is more accessibility to 9mm ammo.

Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Funny thing, I was at cabelas today. They organize pistols alphabetically. So you had:
H&K $899
H&K $1499
Hi-point $189
Hi-point $189

Just thought it was funny. Kind of like a car dealership parking the Porsche and the pinto next to each other.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i wouldnt mind a highpoint carbine.. even though they are ugly as sin. but the pistols scare me, they use the firing pin to help eject the shell. So if you ever rack a live round through youll knowtice a DENT in the primer! I feel for 100$ more there are better guns available.

·
Banned
98 Posts
I only stashed a Marlin Papoose .22 takedown auto rifle. It's far superior to any pistol for the main need of such a gun, which is to take a proper fighting rifle or ccw pistol from somebody else, assuming you have somehow lost or couldn't get to your main set of gear. I"m not tying up $1000+ in several pistols which are doing me no good and probably never will.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts