Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to the Springfield community (long time lurker, rare poster) and I'm looking for a replacement XDm 4.5" 9mm barrel. I would have posted in the Want To Buy section but apparently you need to have at least 50 posts to do so.

I contacted Springfield and they don't sell them. I'm hoping that someone swapped out theirs for threaded version and have an extra laying around collecting dust that they'd be willing to part with.

Do you guys have any tips on where I should look for a factory replacement barrel?

Any ideas on how to price one? I can get new aftermarket stainless ones for around $150 but I'd really prefer to keep everything Springfield brand rather than use an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I've got no help but gotta ask ... why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the XDm 4.5" 9mm that came with the threaded barrel but I don't really want to carry it around because I'm afraid the thread protector will fall off and get lost. I figure if I can find a factory barrel replacement cheaply that would be the most cost effective solution to cure my worry.

I figure a factory non-threaded barrel will be cheaper. Hopefully someone upgraded to a threaded one and has the non-threaded version laying around that I could buy from them.

And there's no way me, personally is going to get better accuracy out of an aftermarket one as compared to the factory one. I'm just not good enough at shooting for having a upgraded barrel to make a noticeable difference. I'm more of a recreational shooter and as far as I can tell the upgraded aftermarket barrels will only really make a difference if I was doing competition shooting using hand loads.

If you do think of something let me know.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts