Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new rifle and have been looking for a new scope. Since I'd be spending a few hundred dollars on it I'd prefer not to waste my money.

Some of the things I really want are;

MOA reticle with 1/4 MOA per click turrets .

Side focus for parallax.

Minimum power of about 4x and max power about 15x.

Good warranty.

Some of the things I would like are;

Illuminated reticle

A price between $400 and $600 if possible.

I think I may have found a decent scope that fits the bill, but I want opinions.

Nikon 4-16x50 Black X1000 30mm Riflescope

Does anyone have one of these or know more about Nikon scopes that could give me some advice?

If you have a better option, what is it?

·
Registered
29,679 Posts
Nikon makes decent glass.

A Leupold VX3 would possibly fit everything but the illuminated reticle...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If you're not against used, i'd try to find a gen 1 vortex pst. I've been noticing them on sale alot since the gen 2's coming out.

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
Nikon makes decent glass.

A Leupold VX3 would possibly fit everything but the illuminated reticle...
I have Nikon BDC's on my the bolt actions, but getting the Burris Eliminator will be an interesting experience. At distance, I would rather not get a Night Force and take the time to count mildots.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought a new rifle and have been looking for a new scope. Since I'd be spending a few hundred dollars on it I'd prefer not to waste my money.

Some of the things I really want are;

MOA reticle with 1/4 MOA per click turrets .

Side focus for parallax.

Minimum power of about 4x and max power about 15x.

Good warranty.

Some of the things I would like are;

Illuminated reticle

A price between $400 and $600 if possible.

I think I may have found a decent scope that fits the bill, but I want opinions.

Nikon 4-16x50 Black X1000 30mm Riflescope

Does anyone have one of these or know more about Nikon scopes that could give me some advice?

If you have a better option, what is it?
On my .308 I use a VORTEX Viper PST 4-6X50, FFP with an illuminated MOA reticle. It has side focus for parallax adjustment. I personally really like VORTEX, they have a no questions asked warranty, run over it, drop it off a 10 story building, doesn't matter they will replace it. They also have an excellent discount for LEOs and veterans. I use their glass on all my rifles.

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my .308 I use a VORTEX Viper PST 4-6X50, FFP with an illuminated MOA reticle. It has side focus for parallax adjustment. I personally really like VORTEX, they have a no questions asked warranty, run over it, drop it off a 10 story building, doesn't matter they will replace it. They also have an excellent discount for LEOs and veterans. I use their glass on all my rifles.
I really like their warranty and the quality of their products. That's why I bought almost the same scope as you. I got the Viper PST Gen 1 4-16x50, FFP with an illuminated MIL reticle. I got it on sale as a close out for just $700. Way more than I wanted to spend, but I figure with the lifetime warranty, I'll never have to buy a new one. If I had bought a cheaper $400 scope and I broke it after the warranty ended, I'd have to buy another scope for ore than $400 due to inflation. That makes it worth buying the Vortex right there.

I also have a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x28 binoculars, a Vortex Ranger 1000 6x22 range finder and a Vortex Crossfire 2 1-4x24 scope for my AR-15.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish I could comment on this. Nice scopes are generally out of my budget range. Nikon, Swarovsky, Leopold are really good from my limited knowledge of this topic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts