Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Bianchi 100 Professional IWB holster for the Ruger SP101 2.25". I've heard good things of the quality, but I'm unable to find a picture of the SP101 in the holster. I want to get an idea how it fits in the holster and see if it rides high or low on the waist. Non of my local shops carry it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm looking at the Bianchi 100 Professional IWB holster for the Ruger SP101 2.25". I've heard good things of the quality, but I'm unable to find a picture of the SP101 in the holster. I want to get an idea how it fits in the holster and see if it rides high or low on the waist. Non of my local shops carry it.

I had one of the Bianchi IWB holsters for the SP101, unfortunately I don't have a pic with the Ruger in it. Far as how the gun fits, it is good. Quality is pretty good. I have sold the holster bc I don't carry the Ruger anymore and I personally don't care for IWB holsters in general. That's just me.

Although, a friend of mine has a Crossbreed ST for a 1911 and it is extermely comfy.

But, I digress, if you haven't already, look on opticsplanet.com, they have about every major brand you can think of with pretty reasonable prices. Probably won't see a pic with the gun in it, but the one I had fit very securely.

As for how it rides, seems like it was pretty high(which was ok to me) due to the holster being smallish and the clip position. Mine did print if I wore a t-shirt over it. I usually wore 2 shirts though, with 1 tucked to keep the holster off my skin and 1 untucked.

All in all, a decent holster IMO.

Hope that helps.

Tim

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting that it prints on you. I currently have started carrying it in my Uncle Mikes that fits my XD. I throw a t shirt on over and no printing. I wonder if it's your body, or if it's the holster.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's interesting that it prints on you. I currently have started carrying it in my Uncle Mikes that fits my XD. I throw a t shirt on over and no printing. I wonder if it's your body, or if it's the holster.
Yeah, it's definitely my body. I am short 5'8" and overweight a good bit. So, the roll pushes everything outward. Until a couple days ago I would be carrying my small semi-auto in a pancake style holster that I made. I got a Crimson Trace for the pistol I carry, a Kahr PM40, and now don't have a holster for it.

The good thing about making a holster is that you can pretty much do whatever you want. I made a few, though, my favorite was the pancake style. It was made so the pistol would ride high, with the 3" barrel barely going past my belt and canted forward pretty far. With the holster between my belt and waistband the gun would be impossible to see even with a t-shirt.

I borrowed a Crossbreed Supertuck for a 1911 from a friend to see how it worked and it was amazing how well it concealed my 1911. I am planning to order a CB mini-tuck for my pistol soon.

Anyways, good luck with your search and possible purchase.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts