Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...check these guys out!

Robertson Trading Post

I ordered a Glock 22 form these guys, many years ago and got a nice piece.

They currently have several REALLY sweet pistols for sale:

Late 80s pre-B CZ-75s

Swiss Police SIG P228s

NC Police HK USP 9mm full size

LA County PD trade in Beretta 92s

FL police trade Glock 17s

..and more.

Yeah...the GOOD pistols...many well under 400 bucks. The Pre-B CZ-75s can be had for around 300 bucks! A steal for a pistol of that quality.

I am going to get one of those pre-B Czs for sure and maybe pick up a Beretta.

Check them out....nice people and fairly decent prices, too.

Thought I'd pass this along because someone is always looking for a nicely priced 9mm and they have some of the best ones ever made.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts
Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many of those older CZ-75s have holster wear, but after a re-finish of parkerization or Dura-Coat, they ought to look great. Some can be had as cheap as 275 bucks. Carried alot...shot very little. I used to have a mid 80s pre-B CZ-75 and it was one sweet shooter. I stupidly sold it to a co-worker that paid me more than I paid for it.

Time to re-do an old mistake and pick up another of these very fine guns.

Anyone that balks at the price of an FN Hi-Power, ought to pick up one of these early CZ-75s for around 275-325 bucks. You will not find a better 9mm at that price.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are some sweet Gen 2 Glock 17s for well under 400 bones as well. Come with night sights, too. I have been trying to kill one of those for almost 2 decades! LOL

The USP 9mm full size guns are also a deal. For around 550 they come with 2 hi-cap mags and night sights. Those run about 800 plus, new.

I am definitely going for one of the CZ-75s...but might pick up one of the Berettas, too. You know they were carried alot and shot very little.

10 bucks for shipping, too.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That is insane man!! Thank you VERY much for this link, I'm looking at either that LA County Beretta or a CZ...

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My cousin bought one of their Berettas 3 years ago. One that was marked NOPD...probably New Orleans. If you saw it in a case at your gun store...you'd probably pass it by.

It had many scratches and the sharp edges were worn, but the bore was bright and the thing shot 100%. He had the whole thing Dura-coated flat black and bought new grips and it looked great. Still shoots well and as far as I know...he still has it

My 1994 Glock 22 was a police trade from these guys. It has wear on the slide and scratches on the polymer frame, but it has never malfunctioned and I shoot the daylights out of it. Total steal for 340 bucks.

I just wish I had not bought a commercial P228....I'd be all over those Swiss P228s. The SIG P228 is another really sweet shooter.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Many of those older CZ-75s have holster wear, but after a re-finish of parkerization or Dura-Coat, they ought to look great. Some can be had as cheap as 275 bucks. Carried alot...shot very little. Anyone that balks at the price of an FN Hi-Power, ought to pick up one of these early CZ-75s for around 275-325 bucks. You will not find a better 9mm at that price.

- brickboy240
Great site. Thanks for the post. And as for those CZ's IMO, shame those Hi-Powers.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Geeze brick you really know how to get someone sidetracked!

Do you think there will be any of the 92s and cz's left in feb? Tax timee is when I can buy something new.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also noticed that these guys carry the fairly rare and well made Korean Daewoo 51s. These are not very common and pretty well made guns. I knew someone that has one and they are nice shooters.

I got to stop looking at their site....I keep finding things I'd love to have! LOL

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
tagged

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a couple of used 3rd gen S&W, one of my favorite series of pistols, from these people a year or two ago. They were very easy to deal with, and the guns were as represented or better.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My cousin bought one of their Berettas 3 years ago. One that was marked NOPD...probably New Orleans. If you saw it in a case at your gun store...you'd probably pass it by.

It had many scratches and the sharp edges were worn, but the bore was bright and the thing shot 100%. He had the whole thing Dura-coated flat black and bought new grips and it looked great. Still shoots well and as far as I know...he still has it

My 1994 Glock 22 was a police trade from these guys. It has wear on the slide and scratches on the polymer frame, but it has never malfunctioned and I shoot the daylights out of it. Total steal for 340 bucks.

I just wish I had not bought a commercial P228....I'd be all over those Swiss P228s. The SIG P228 is another really sweet shooter.

- brickboy240
If the internals looked good, I'd spray paint the sucker and use it as my bang around gun. The problem with the 92 is that it's so beautiful that I don't want to ding it up, so I need a "shoot the tar out of it" model and a safe queen.

The 228 is also very tempting. You're gonna end up costing me a lot of money with this link.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Is there anything to look out for on the 92s? Anything different from 1988-90? These are italian and all metal yes? Some of the newer ones have polymer/plastic parts?

I've always said to myself if I get a 9mm it will be a 92.

The only things I know about the cz75 is what I've read here. Y'all seem to dig those.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, the real reason I am going after one of their 92s is because it IS an earlier 92 Beretta. The ones with the straight dust cover and no plastic trigger, safety levers or guide rod.

The two Glocks I got from them were tight as a tick. Holster wear and scratches on the frames, but the internals were perfect. I bought the G17 about 13 years ago and I still have not replaced a part....how is that for good?

I am going to get one of the better condition 92s, replace the spring with the D-spring and have it Cerakoted flat black. Ought to turn out really nice.

Around here, used 92 Berettas sell for around 400-450 and many are nearly as scratched as these and some are newer ones with the plastic parts.

You might want to order a spare spring set...but Wolff sells these springs really cheap. Mags are also cheap and everywhere.

Its really hard to ruin a 92 Beretta...especially when you consider most cops only shoot at qualification time.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Actually, the real reason I am going after one of their 92s is because it IS an earlier 92 Beretta. The ones with the straight dust cover and no plastic trigger, safety levers or guide rod.

The two Glocks I got from them were tight as a tick. Holster wear and scratches on the frames, but the internals were perfect. I bought the G17 about 13 years ago and I still have not replaced a part....how is that for good?

I am going to get one of the better condition 92s, replace the spring with the D-spring and have it Cerakoted flat black. Ought to turn out really nice.

Around here, used 92 Berettas sell for around 400-450 and many are nearly as scratched as these and some are newer ones with the plastic parts.

You might want to order a spare spring set...but Wolff sells these springs really cheap. Mags are also cheap and everywhere.

Its really hard to ruin a 92 Beretta...especially when you consider most cops only shoot at qualification time.

- brickboy240
I wonder if you can order a captive guide rod from the 92A1 and put it in any 92. I also wonder if that guide rod is metal or not.

Gah. I'm going to have to order a 92. Darn you!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have a 229 in 357 Sig that looks like a piece of junk, the slide bluing is scratched up something awful. Got it for very cheap as a police trade-in. It has been laser accurate and rock solid the whole time I've had it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts